Olympian Challenge Website is Ready!

Options
rebecca_florida
rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
We're still working on the Relay points and some other functionality, but here it is! Start recording your Olympic feats here!

http://fitnessolympians.blogspot.com/

Replies

• courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    The site looks awesome! I have a few questions though...here goes: I was wondering if pilates also counted as gymnastics? Does kickboxing also count for boxing? and what about if you do double (or more) of the time? (My yoga classes are 60 mins, etc) Does zumba fit in anywhere? (IDK if you count it as aerobics lol!) Ok that's all I have for now lol. Sorry I'm full of them today! usually do a few workouts a day, so I'm trying to plan which I want to do haha! Thanks for this! need something to motivate me and I <3 the olympics and competition so 'm all fired up :D
  • morgs8871
    morgs8871 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The website is great! Can't wait to get my team exercising :)
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Loos awesome!!! You both should be very proud! You'll have to let us Aussies know when we can play, it's already Monday night here!!!!
  • rebecca_florida
    Options
    The site looks awesome! I have a few questions though...here goes: I was wondering if pilates also counted as gymnastics? Does kickboxing also count for boxing? and what about if you do double (or more) of the time? (My yoga classes are 60 mins, etc) Does zumba fit in anywhere? (IDK if you count it as aerobics lol!) Ok that's all I have for now lol. Sorry I'm full of them today! usually do a few workouts a day, so I'm trying to plan which I want to do haha! Thanks for this! need something to motivate me and I <3 the olympics and competition so 'm all fired up :D

Thanks! Yes, I think pilates and zumba both would fall under Gymnastics. And kickboxing can count for Boxing. I've updated the descriptions to reflect that.

If you do an event for 60 minutes and the duration is 30, just enter it twice. Same thing for distances - there is no entry if you run two miles, but instead you can enter that you ran one mile (1,600 meters) twice.

Hope that helps!
  • rebecca_florida
    Options
    Loos awesome!!! You both should be very proud! You'll have to let us Aussies know when we can play, it's already Monday night here!!!!

Well get going then! LOL The challenge has started and the website is ready for you to input some activity!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Well get going then! LOL The challenge has started and the website is ready for you to input some activity!

Woo hoo!!! I walked my dogs tonight, 3.7kms, so I logged 2x 1600m! 100 points, yeah!!!
  • SoapyPonyLevine
    SoapyPonyLevine Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I dd make a start on the challenge today!! I'm in Europe for the next few days so I just went for a short run to do something. But on an Olympic note I visited the Olympic stadium in Berlin today!

11-8.jpg
    22-2.jpg
  • courtneymal17
    Options

Thanks! Yes, I think pilates and zumba both would fall under Gymnastics. And kickboxing can count for Boxing. I've updated the descriptions to reflect that.

If you do an event for 60 minutes and the duration is 30, just enter it twice. Same thing for distances - there is no entry if you run two miles, but instead you can enter that you ran one mile (1,600 meters) twice.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the clarification! I'm not going to lie this challenge pushed me through the end of my swim this morning! So thanks!! Might even get me off my butt to do kickboxing tonight :) Or a bike ride if it doesnt rain!
  • rebecca_florida
    Options
    Sophiebee92 that's awesome! Thanks for sharing and getting us in the spirit! Great job getting a workout in while on vacation - make sure you log it on the website!
  • rebecca_florida
    Options

Thanks for the clarification! I'm not going to lie this challenge pushed me through the end of my swim this morning! So thanks!! Might even get me off my butt to do kickboxing tonight :) Or a bike ride if it doesnt rain!

Whoa - we have our first triathlete already! courtneymal17 has jumped into an early lead! Well done!
  • ChristmasCrystal
    ChristmasCrystal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love the site!
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    The website is awesome. I recently posted on the register a team thread and hope to see our names on there soon. Would golfing be able to be used somewhere? I know it is not an Olympic sport until 2016. Carla
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I tried logging some activities and they won't update on the page :sad:
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    wait a few mins...maybe...I thought mine wasnt coming up, but it took a few mins, so it posted one extra. So then I just did 30 mins more haha
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    wait a few mins...maybe...I thought mine wasnt coming up, but it took a few mins, so it posted one extra. So then I just did 30 mins more haha

nope it's been like... 2 hours
  • rebecca_florida
    Options

nope it's been like... 2 hours

Sorry about that Cannonsky - still working out the glitches. It was my fault because I had an extra space at the end of your name (and a few others) in the database. Stupid copy/paste! It is working now - let me know if you duplicated entries by accident since it wasn't working properly. Thanks for your patience!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I hope I've done this right.

I ran 13 miles yesterday, and cycled 20 miles today. I converted those to meters and then added in sets of (for example) 10 000 till I got to the closest number. Is that the way I was supposed to do things?
  • rebecca_florida
    Options
    I hope I've done this right.

I ran 13 miles yesterday, and cycled 20 miles today. I converted those to meters and then added in sets of (for example) 10 000 till I got to the closest number. Is that the way I was supposed to do things?

Thanks for the example. For this workout you should have entered the following:

20 miles cycling:
    -Cycling 20,000 (~12.4 miles)
    -Cycling 10,000 (~6.2 miles)
    That totals 18.6 miles, but you went 20. In order to log Cycling 5,000 (~3.1 miles) as well, you would have had to go 21.7 miles, or 1.7 miles more. Partial events don't count, so always round down (or push yourself to go just a bit farther!)

13 miles running:
    -Athletics 10,000 (~6.2 miles)
    -Athletics 10,000 (~6.2 miles)
    That totals 12.4 miles, but you did 13 miles. Unfortunately, adding a 400 meter dash to make up the distance shouldn't really count unless you were at an all out sprint for 400 meters of your run. That event is not just distance, but assumes you are sprinting, not just adding mileage to you run. Does that make sense?
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    OK but if I do intervals in a run (as I do.... ) I'm guessing I do, in fact, have a 'sprint'? :-)

what you describe is pretty much what I did so I think we're good. thank you! Sorry I know you'll have loads of questions when we're settling in - must get pretty onerous!
  • rebecca_florida
    Options
    OK but if I do intervals in a run (as I do.... ) I'm guessing I do, in fact, have a 'sprint'? :-)

what you describe is pretty much what I did so I think we're good. thank you! Sorry I know you'll have loads of questions when we're settling in - must get pretty onerous!

Yep! If during a run you do sprint intervals, you can count both, just make sure you don't double count the distance (i.e. subtract the sprint distance from the overall run)