Season 2 Finished, what did you thick?

Options
DanOhh
DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
What I Liked:

The Others and the walkers at the end was truly epic. Excellent cliff hanger 'til next season. I had almost forgotten about Sam and the rest of the Watch at the Fist.

Dany and the House of the Undying. For a storyline that was almost completely rewritten, I like how it was all wrapped up.

Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) need I say more.

What I Didn't Like:

Jon and Qhorin story arc. I don't feel like it explained Qhorin's sacrifice (this was planned out by him and Jon) enough. I'm not sure if a new viewer understands that it was planned out in advance or if Jon was just defending himself. In the book Qhorin saw the valley w/all the Wildlings and knew that word had to get back to the wall by Jon.

Winterfell's Destruction: Who burned it? The show makes it seem like it was the Iron Islanders but there's a very important story arc that goes a different direction. Maybe they're clear it up next season?

All in all I still loved the episode and season. Now, to sit back and wait 10 months 'till next.

Replies

• louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with all your likes ... and I agree that the the Jon/Qhorin plot was definitely probably lost on people that didn't read the books. I LOVED LOVED LOVED the ending and Dany and her dragons were fantastic.

I'm really liking Brienne as well - I didn't read the third book, but I'm assuming that Lady Stark let Jamie go ...

My only gripe is that I wish they had more of Arya in it.

I also loved the part when the ironmen knocked Theon out ... that whole storyline should prove very interesting.

Still one of the best shows on TV by far and I cannot wait for the third season!
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Yes, in agreement. The ending was incredibly awesome! I can't believe we have to wait so long for season 3!
    I too, loved Dany and the dragons. I was also pleased to see Khal Drogo for a few minutes. I love me some bad *kitten* eye candy!
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I agree with the above poster. LOVED seeing Drogo as well! That whole episode was awesome - every storyline was so interesting.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Season 3 is going to be epic battle action on all fronts hopefully, as season 2 show was more about plot building.
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I was in a bad mood when I was watching the final episode so that might have contributed to the disappointment that I felt. Too much 'smushing' of the plot for the sake of the TV-only crowd, I thought. I know, I know... I'm a terrible book snob and it can never be 100% the same on TV but I wish they had done a few things differently or at least more in the same order as in the book.

That being said, I can't wait for season 3!!!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I'm still frustrated that they haven't touched on the Battle at the Trident. They haven't built the background that makes this story so intriguing and engaging. I am spending far too much time explaining about the Mad King and Rhaegar and EVERYTHING to my husband instead of enjoying the show!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Haven't read the books. Started the first, but it just did not win me over. I rely on wikis to help fill in the gaps or spoil things for me.

Really enjoyed this season, including the finale, and cannot wait to see what happens next.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    i wonder why they are making the red headed prostitute have such a big role in this, in the book she was barely mentioned once she left for kings landing.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    i wonder why they are making the red headed prostitute have such a big role in this, in the book she was barely mentioned once she left for kings landing.
    The TV series and novels will be heading down different paths, not unlike "The Walking Dead".

Edited to add a link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/18/game-of-thrones-season-2-book_n_1428989.html
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    PIMP.jpg
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with all your likes ... and I agree that the the Jon/Qhorin plot was definitely probably lost on people that didn't read the books. I LOVED LOVED LOVED the ending and Dany and her dragons were fantastic.

I'm really liking Brienne as well - I didn't read the third book, but I'm assuming that Lady Stark let Jamie go ...

My only gripe is that I wish they had more of Arya in it.

I also loved the part when the ironmen knocked Theon out ... that whole storyline should prove very interesting.

Still one of the best shows on TV by far and I cannot wait for the third season!

Agreed with all of the above!!!! I also have to note that I wish there was more of Arya in it as well...so I could see more of hottie Gendry!!!
    I really liked the finale. I did not read the books yet, surprisingly since I read ALOT, so I will probably start to hold me over until season 3.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    i loved the whitewalkers! truly epic!

i cant wait to see beric dondarion.. and the unsullied.. i cant wait to see them! i also cannot wait for how the arc with ros and lord varys.

as for jaquen.. man i love that character and i loved how it was truly put to him recruiting her.. how she can truly be one of the best faceless men..

I will say tyrion.. is my favorite character... period.. he is a boss.. and to me has real potential to be a major influence in this game of thrones.

as for game.. little finger although minor this season shows that he has ambition.. i loved the small convo with sansa.. and i cant wait to see that story arc played out! i love that we saw dontos..

as for joffrey.. i loved when he said.. i will love you to my last dying breathe... didnt say til i die.. haha (SPOILERS)

and i love the selection of natalie doemer as margery.. she is litterally the perfect actress for her...

and i love love love melisandre.. she is absolutely everything she should be..

as for the OP i have to agree, that jon/qhorin plot arc was terrible.. terrible!

but i cant wait to see the reeds! and riverrun

and brienne is growing on me..
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I just finished this, see if you like it.
    tumblr_m5giy0MN0T1rxussxo1_r1_500.jpg
    I've made about 35 other crests and posted them on my flickr page:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dedkenny/sets/72157628401372949/
    You might like 'em too
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I just finished this, see if you like it.
    tumblr_m5giy0MN0T1rxussxo1_r1_500.jpg
    I've made about 35 other crests and posted them on my flickr page:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dedkenny/sets/72157628401372949/
    You might like 'em too

thats pretty effin sweet!