E3 IS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
Gilbrod
Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
Things I am looking forward to this year besides the booth babes.....

The Wii U!!!!!!!! To see all the franchises I grew up in 1080p is going to be GLOURIOUS!!!!!!! But I also hope that's not the official name of the system.

Replies

• impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree that it's a stupid name. But I'm excited about the system. I just hope our current Wii doesn't die before it's released. It's not looking good. :laugh:
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    Xenoblade Chronicles and Last STory will keep me occupied. I still go back to Monster Hunter Tri once in a while. The Wii died months ago. I hope there is some major announcement for the 3DS as well. I don't think we'll hear anyhting about the PS4 or Xbox 720 or whatever they'll call it.
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    I am soo upset i didn't set my DVR to record the coverage while i was at work today. ugh...
  • Philokiller
    Options
    Ubisoft killed E3!!

Microsoft tanked E3..

Waiting for sony at 9 and nintendo tomorrow
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    Yeah, ZombieU looks like it's going to be fun. Microsoft and Sony won't have anything entertaining until new systems are announced. Nintendo has everyone on the edge of their seats.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Ubisoft killed E3!!

Microsoft tanked E3..

Waiting for sony at 9 and nintendo tomorrow

Not sure how MSFT tanked E3....all those changes are positioning them to win the war of the living room versus Apple.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Watch Dogs, The Last of Us, ACIII.... looks like I'm going to have a rather full Christmas list for this year. :)
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    E3 was horrible. Casual's yet again take more and more of the show time. They need to split E3 into 2 different shows. Family show and gamer show.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    E3 was horrible. Casual's yet again take more and more of the show time. They need to split E3 into 2 different shows. Family show and gamer show.

havent seen anything about it yet, since I am at work, but isnt ZombiU supposed to appeal to the hardcore gamer?
  • Gilbrod
    Options

Assasins Creed 3 isn't hardcore? How bout Last of Us and Watch Dogs not hardcore? Hell, even Pikmin 3 and Castlevania for the 3DS not hardcore? How do you define hardcore?
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I was hoping for some Wiiu
    3ds compatibility to be anounces ala the psvita
    ps3

no such luck.........
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I define hardcore as not games like wii fit or just dance. Most of the press conf's was junk from all 3 hardware makers. Only publisher that had a good showing was Ubisoft. Hopefully tomorrows special 3DS press conf will actually be worthwild.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I wish E3 would pick a direction- either for the public or for the industry. I'm trying to watch a press conference and it's beginning to get difficult to take some of the companies seriously. I'd love to see an E3 'pro' and also an E3 'consumer'. Two different audiences. I'm an old fuddy duddy so I'd rather listen to a dry breakdown without the rappers, cursing or side-show atmosphere. I love the online coverage this year- they are getting better and better each year.

WiiU surprised me with a great launch lineup- a zombie game where one bite will kill you? I hope the hype is true. I'm actually interested in the WiiU and I wasn't prepared to be after last year's announcement left me cold. I know they have a Mario game lined up but I still think they're going to need more to propel it back to the firestorm seller it once was- if that's even possible to tap into twice. Eager to see a hard pricepoint on the system.

Watch Dogs- amazing and I cheered right along with the crowd as they announced a NEW IP as opposed to another X Game- 15- the reckoning- black forest cake take two- FIGHT NIGHT SUPER SUPREME EDITION.

New Rayman- I'm always happy to play in that world and it's a great holiday release title.

There wasn't much for me personally at the MSFT presentation- but I see some great releases that core gamers should eat right up. Halo is looking great- some very good art direction there yet again.

Assassins Creed III- another beautiful title but I'm not sure the grandeur of Italy can be replaced by scaling trees in the undeveloped American past can compare for me. Very excited to see more of the sea battles- gorgeous art direction there again. Will be interesting to see how they handle the Templar hunting in America.

Going through tons of the non-presentation games right now. Finding several that I'm really interested in- either for me or simply as an industry mover.

Felt bad for all the folks who were hoping, even without proof or provocation, that the new gen consoles would be announced this year.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    ah, was wondering if anyone was talking about E3, I'd forgotten about it, mainly as I still seem to think it's Sunday and not Wednesday.

Having a look and for me Watch Dogs and ZombieU both look to be very exciting.

I'm also really excited about a new Sim City, I just hope it isn't as disastrous as SimCity Societies.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Really, the only thing I'm excited for is The Last of Us. It looks awesome. I have a thing for well done post apocalyptic games.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    wtf nintendo! i was waiting for the nintendo 3ds hardware update! also no smash bros news :\ oh well at least luigi's mansion and super mario and paper mario coming soon
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    Nintendo likes to do things at their own pace. Remember how they would normalyy not announce everything until Spaceworld? If anything, Zombie U will be crazy. If it's multiplayer, even crazier!!!! Nintendo Land looks like a fun hub. I wonder if it'll be a pack in. Assassins Creed could be in the middle of the Sahara desert, and I would still play it just to see what happens. Screw location. It's going to be an expensive year. Good thing Best Buy has interest free financing.