question about challenge

Options
Hi, I just joined the group and I have a question. Are there going to be any challenges during the 12 weeks, or are we just going to check in weekly and log our weight?

Replies

• captainlindarg
    captainlindarg Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do my best to bring you challenges every week. I have the lovely sherrirb helping me in this aspect, because I've never run a group with challenges. Hopefully I'll be able to focus on this group even more because the last group I ran I had work and school and only one day off a week. Stay tuned for more!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I have a question. Regarding the week challenge. I'd like to do this but I can't do 10 miles a day walking, running, or any of that. I just can't with the other responsibilty especially family obligations. So can I do that. Does that mean this challenge really wouldn't be for me?
  • captainlindarg
    Options
    I have a question. Regarding the week challenge. I'd like to do this but I can't do 10 miles a day walking, running, or any of that. I just can't with the other responsibilty especially family obligations. So can I do that. Does that mean this challenge really wouldn't be for me?

The challenge is to do 10 miles for the entire week, so about 1.5 miles per day. Just do what you can, it's more for fun and motivation than anything else.
  • jazyfarias1
    Options
    Hi, how would I log my daily exercise, where would I post it for you. Sorry I've never joined a group or posted or blogged. All new to me. Thanks, I'm ready for the challenge :embarassed:
  • captainlindarg
    Options
    Hi, how would I log my daily exercise, where would I post it for you. Sorry I've never joined a group or posted or blogged. All new to me. Thanks, I'm ready for the challenge :embarassed:

You don't need to log your daily exercise for me. Just keep track of your progress on the weekly challenge over the week, then report to the group on your progress for the next weigh in. The challenges are meant to be for fun and motivation, not a requirement for being part of the group.
  • cam_l20
    cam_l20 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Can I ask a silly question? I walk to and from work (about 1.3 miles each way) - does this count, or are we only counting things over and above what we would normally do?
  • captainlindarg
    Options
    Can I ask a silly question? I walk to and from work (about 1.3 miles each way) - does this count, or are we only counting things over and above what we would normally do?

It's really up to you! I'm not going to moderate how much you exercise, so it's up to you to set your own goals and achieve them. The challenges are more a of a "Hey, try this." rather than a rule. Good luck!