NO TIEM!!

Options
jaimrlx
jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
Have you noticed that with your full time job and already heavy gaming habits.. that with all of this working out, you're becoming.. a... CASUAL? Eh, jk. I don't hate casual players, nothing against them. Guess I'm just bummed that I'm missing out on lots of gaming time, trying to get my *kitten* back into shape (literally). How many of you have the same woes?

Also, I'm on Reddit less and less.. this change is bittersweet. :):

Replies

• Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Wait till you have a spouse and kids, if it's in your plans. You will sacrafice something. I sacrafice sleep. I sleep 4-6 hours a day,but catch a good nap at work during my 45 minute lunch.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Yeah, having kids has cut into my gaming time more than anything else. I HAVE free time, but I can't play. Because either the game is inappropriate for them to watch, or they want to play it too. And that's just not as fun.
  • jaimrlx
    Options
    Yeah, having kids has cut into my gaming time more than anything else. I HAVE free time, but I can't play. Because either the game is inappropriate for them to watch, or they want to play it too. And that's just not as fun.

I'm still young, but as of now, it's not in my plans. I would be dying if I was in your shoes. :sad:
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

I'm still young, but as of now, it's not in my plans. I would be dying if I was in your shoes. :sad:

Meh, the good outweighs the bad, for me. I know not everyone feels that way, and that's cool. I don't mind it most of the time. It does suck though because right now I'm trying to get through Mass Effect 2 and that's just not kid-friendly. I keep trying to force them to re-instate the afternoon nap, but it's just not happening. :laugh:
  • dwightdegroff
    dwightdegroff Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Changing my lifestyle to lose weight and get in-shape has most definitely crushed my "gaming life". I used to be a 8p-1a gamer when I could make it happen. Now that I'm getting up at 6a to get my workout in, I just can't make myself stay up that late anymore. More and more I find myself craving sleep at 10p...

/sigh
  • Jauryn
    Jauryn Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It's been over a week since I touched a game :( Like you said, there just doesn't seem to be enough time after work, working out, making dinner (and evening classes for me). I miss it, but at the same time I DO feel like I'm a little more productive *sob* all I had to give up was playing MMOs... Of course, I've also got quite a few games I got last year that I haven't even had a second to play... that definitely sucks.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I was just listening to the Vanilla WoW soundtrack........ oh the NOSTALGIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    Kap...WTF?!?! LOL!!! My kids have a TV upstairs they can watch while I play whatever. Being that they are now 7 and 5, it's a blast to play Mario Kart, Mario Party, Smash Bros, Bomberman and everything else they can try to play. We have 3 game days a week. Just cuz I have kids doesn't mean the fun stops.
  • jaimrlx
    Options
    Kap...WTF?!?! LOL!!! My kids have a TV upstairs they can watch while I play whatever. Being that they are now 7 and 5, it's a blast to play Mario Kart, Mario Party, Smash Bros, Bomberman and everything else they can try to play. We have 3 game days a week. Just cuz I have kids doesn't mean the fun stops.

I meant games like League of Legends, WoW, Diablo, stuff like that.. 7 and 5 year olds should probably not be around those types of games. :tongue:
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    LOL! Kids there age will be like WTF?! around those types of games. My 7 year old will play Phantasy Star Online once a in a while with me. He likes the RangerCasts.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    YUP. I'm someone who logs into WoW to do raidfinder once a week. At one point I was in the 3rd best 10m progression guild on my server :( OHHH, I miss it. But also, I really don't miss my *kitten* hurting from hours of ICC with (some) people I hate.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    yep casual gamer here. I went from 7-8 hrs a day every day to 2-4 hrs. a week now. am I bummed? a little. I miss MMORPGs. those are my favortie. I enjoy it for the social and grouping aspect. I played FFXI a crap load. I quit Fall of 2009 to get my life and health in order. I didn't play any other MMORPG until SWoTR but even then I only played for 2 months. I just couldn't get into it. I think the biggest reason for me quitting was the time sink. I dont have time. period. but on the other hand I am glad to have cut back. my gaming habits, as much fun as it was, it was bad for my health in the past.
  • nymthiriel
    nymthiriel Posts: 42
    Options
    Changing my lifestyle to lose weight and get in-shape has most definitely crushed my "gaming life". I used to be a 8p-1a gamer when I could make it happen. Now that I'm getting up at 6a to get my workout in, I just can't make myself stay up that late anymore. More and more I find myself craving sleep at 10p...

/sigh

I know exactly what you mean. :'(
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've experienced this too, but I do feel better about having a more "balanced" lifestyle. I put more time into getting out and getting active than I do gaming. I feel nostalgia for the old days, and sometimes I throw back to it - like on Diablo 3 release night last month, going to bed right after work, waking up at 3am to play ASAP, calling into work and having a 16 hour gaming session. Every so often, every so often. This weekend I'm bummed because it's another GW2 beta weekend but I've had NO time to test out the game. Maybe next month!