going back instead of forward.

Options
And I am okay with that! Has anyone else taken a step back?
This week my endurance test put me back at week 4 but in the 3rd column. I tried to pull it off today, but absolutely can not manage that many yet, so I am putting myself on detention...HAHAHA! I am going back to the 2nd column.
Has anyone else felt the need to pull back a little to get the most out of the challenge???

Replies

• cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    My improvement has definitely stalled but I'm ok with that! Based on the exhaustion test I'm in column 2 for week 5 rather than column 2... and I'm sort of relieved because the sets are getting insane! I want to be able to do quality push ups... not just a large quantity.. if that means slowing down a little then so be it! Keep up the great work morninglilli!
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    I am having some issues with this :-( I don't really have a problem with the strength aspect, and I want to complete my push ups, but I am experiencing really weird popping in my right shoulder when I do them. It doesn't hurt, but it is uncomfortable and scary and I don't want to damage any joints.

I have tried to warm up my arms and shoulders before I start, but it doesn't help.

Aurgh.

Any thoughts on this?
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    maybe it has something to do with where you are placing your arms... Are they close together or far apart? Try the opposite.

I really don't know though
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I don't know either Anna. Be careful, you don't want an injury.