Frustrated...

Options
1113cw
1113cw Posts: 830 Member
... with POF, lol. Just seems like something so simple is so difficult!
Arrggghh.. just felt like venting! Carry on... :bigsmile:

Replies

• MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have heard so many negative things about that site! If I ever start dating again I will be avoiding it! I'd probably have a better chance with Craigs List. :laugh: Hang in there!
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i found loads of creepers on POF. but some decent type males on OKC. i think others have had opposite experiences. seems though that the people who are serious, pay for match............ i am not serious and therefore have no desire to pay.

i am creating my list of wants and they're pretty specific to a certain subset of people. hard to fill i think though. but, i'm not actively on any dating sites. it's just a list in my head ;-) LOL
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I was on POF - had some luck, and some not so good. Definitely creepers. But yes it is NOT rocket science but you would sure think it was.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Just look a couple hours north. :wink:
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    i found loads of creepers on POF. but some decent type males on OKC. i think others have had opposite experiences. seems though that the people who are serious, pay for match............ i am not serious and therefore have no desire to pay.

i am creating my list of wants and they're pretty specific to a certain subset of people. hard to fill i think though. but, i'm not actively on any dating sites. it's just a list in my head ;-) LOL

I have a match account that I'm getting ready to cancel. I find the EXACT same profiles on Match as POF. They are all still there! LOL And yes, I've met plenty of creepers and plenty of guys that just send junk photos without being asked. It's really nauseating! That's it, I'm going to find someone in a grocery store....!
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    That site is not really intended to finding "the one"....it's clearly intended for booty calls.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    This should alleviate the frustration: open a new account on POF and create a "male" account, then discover the real meaning of the word "frustration".
  • Carl01
    Options
    This should alleviate the frustration: open a new account on POF and create a "male" account, then discover the real meaning of the word "frustration".

Word
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Word

What does this 'word' thingy mean? :huh:
  • Carl01
    Options

Word

It is American slang from the 80s or 90s to indicate profound agreement.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    POF is so unorganized to me...:laugh:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options

BOOM.
    Which is why I went with Match....and equally, superficial individuals. I may have gotten lucky though...just before canceling the other day
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options

:frown:
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options

Concur.

I'd rather cancel my Match account than renew it. Match doesn't offer much more than POF, and over 3/4 of the people on there are "basic" users, who can't reply to messages anyhow.

Isn't it funny how the grass is always greener on the other side? Women are fed up with all the attention from creepers and random pic senders, whereas men are fed up with the lack of attention/responses.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Yeah, basically many men here on MFP think online dating (POF or else) is a horrible experience. Too much hassle for too little results. :laugh:

I genuinely think it used to be a great channel to meet people, but since it has become so mainstream, people see it as a great "impersonal" channel for getting laid. The worst thing on dating websites is "non accountability". You can do what you want without fear of losing anything.
    Nobody would have the balls of doing that in person, people would lose their social status, people would be kicked out of a pub, etc.
    I suspect if people had to enter their Social Security Number or National Insurance Number or whatever unique identifier they have, and they would be banned after a few abuses, then you could create a relatively clean online dating website (accountability).

And chemistry is so much more than 3 pictures and 10 lines of text (well, that is if the person was inspired enough to write 10 lines).
  • ambercholtz
    ambercholtz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    All dating sites bite. I finally gave up and closed out any and all I had.. or remembered I had. I had a year membership with eHarmony and I met only one guy off there, who was also a dirt bag. I have met plenty of crazy guys from POF, and Date Hookup sucked monkey balls. Not to mention all the other numerous sites I have been on.. it's a huge waste of time to me. However, it is only my opinion of the entire thing.
    Start to focus on you, and then you can stop worrying about trying to meet someone.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Yeah, basically many men here on MFP think online dating (POF or else) is a horrible experience. Too much hassle for too little results. :laugh:

I genuinely think it used to be a great channel to meet people, but since it has become so mainstream, people see it as a great "impersonal" channel for getting laid. The worst thing on dating websites is "non accountability". You can do what you want without fear of losing anything.
    Nobody would have the balls of doing that in person, people would lose their social status, people would be kicked out of a pub, etc.
    I suspect if people had to enter their Social Security Number or National Insurance Number or whatever unique identifier they have, and they would be banned after a few abuses, then you could create a relatively clean online dating website (accountability).

And chemistry is so much more than 3 pictures and 10 lines of text (well, that is if the person was inspired enough to write 10 lines).

Yep, I agree. Awful places that are full of worms crawling out the woodwork :noway: I really met some freaks on my last stint, so that's me done with it. :grumble:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Word

It is American slang from the 80s or 90s to indicate profound agreement.

ok, thanks :flowerforyou:
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    F$&k online dating I'm sick of it never calling me back, coming home late from work smelling like cheap perfume!!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I think all dating sites are the same, you find equal parts decent and creepy people on all of them. I think they just show their true colors a little faster on PoF.