Which events are your favorite?

Options
LiddyBit
LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
I think that gymnastics and diving are my favorite. I need to find a way to see the rhythmic events because they're never televised in the USA!

Which events are your favs?

Replies

• superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Swimming, Track & Field, Basketball. I can really only get into the sports with clear cut winners. I can't stand anything where judges rule arbitrarily and decide the winner.
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    swimming and volleyball. swimming is my favorite sport to watch. i love it.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'll definitely be watching gymnastics, swimming, track and field, soccer, fencing , rugby, archery, and weightlifting
  • bmxpop
    bmxpop Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My favorite is obviously BMX!! My son has actually raced against 4 of the 8 riders that will be racing at the Olympic Trials at Chula Vista!!....Never beat any of them, but nevertheless has raced them.....
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Swimming, Track & Field, Basketball. I can really only get into the sports with clear cut winners. I can't stand anything where judges rule arbitrarily and decide the winner.

Under the new gymnastics scoring, it's much less arbitrary. The commentators give a pretty good break down of why certain scores are given, why certain deductions are taken, and why start values are what they are. It's a little more complicated than, say, a race, but it can be pretty interesting.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Swimming for sure is my favorite. I'm a HUGE fam of Ryan Lochte and several others, especially men. I'll be watching the Olympic Trials for swimming in a few weeks and then I can see who is going. My favorite back-stroker Aaron Pearsol has retired since the last olympics and that's too bad but there's a ton of good ones to watch.....

I also love Track and Field, especially since I got into running recently. I like all the track events though.

I equally love gymnastics too! When I was little I was obsessed with this movie about Nadia Comaneci and that's how I got into the Olympics in the first place!!

I cannot wait :happy: :happy: :love:
  • Kwika
    Kwika Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I love watching track & field events as well as gymnastics, diving, swimming, baseball, I have to say that my most favorite event in the olympics is the marathon. For the US there is a man who won the us triaals. His name is Meb Keflezighi and I have met him twice. The first time in 2011 when I wasn't able to run due to surgery. I met him again this year at the expo for the same race as last year. I was so excited because I was going to be running in the same race he was. I did a PR that day and am really proid of that feat. He is fast and I reallly think that he could take the gold. He has a silver medal from the athens olympics and has won the new yourk marathon and others. He made me realize that I could reach my dreams. All I had to do was believe.