tall girls! carbs question!

Options
katiepie111
katiepie111 Posts: 83 Member
im finding it hard to keep carbs low, and im pretty sure with my (our) height we need them! im eating anywhere from 120g-200g of carbs a day (mostly from oats, fruit/veges,grains,bread) - how are you all going with carbs?

Replies

• CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I have personalized my goals on MFP to be lower in carbs, so I am allotted about 120 g. carbs each day. I usually reach that amount, but I am not heavy into the pastas/rice/sweets/chips--most of my carbs come from veggies (i.e. sweet potatoes, carrots), dark chocolate, and possibly granola, with maybe some whole grain something thrown in (tortilla, bread thin, whatever). I also track my fiber and get between 20 and 25 grams per day, so I subtract that from the overall carb intake to get what my body REALLY absorbed carb-wise.

Those 120 grams go quickly, though. I drink water at my office, alot of water, and try to minimize eating out. But yes, I find I lose more weight when I reduce carbs than when I don't.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I customized my goals as well on MFP. Carbs for me usually are in the 100-120 range (I'm doing 40% carbs, 30% protein & 30% fat. Most of my carbs are from fruits and whole grains.