Wednesday June 6 Challenge!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
It just so happened when I went to the park on Sunday the area we were in was well shaded so we didn't burn under the sun...thank goodness. However, we should ALL (brown people too!) be using sunscreen! Use a broadspectrum suncreen with a SPF of 15 or higher and if you have a risk of burning easily then go higher. Apply generously over whole body and reapply every 2 hours.
This is for all of you who run, walk or do a bootcamp, take kids to the park, garden or play a sport outside and/or do these activities daily!!!!!
Also wear hat if possible and sunglasses. This is not about being cute but protecting ourselves and loved ones from skin cancer!
This is real people so...challenge today if you have not bought some go today and get some sunscreen and if you have it and it is sitting pretty in your vanity...TAKE OUT AND USE IT!!!!!!! You won't regret it.

Peace,
WW

Replies

• katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Good reminder! I have a golf lesson this afternoon - as a very pink person, I really need the sunscreen!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention babies under 6 months should not use any sunscreen and pediatricians recommend stay in the shade and out the sun...
  • Vegastei
    Vegastei Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    new to this group so this is my first challenge :)

i never use to care until i had kids (2 girls ages 5&6,one with red hair), so now i never leave home without some. And i put it on myself so i can lead by example so they wont give me a hard time about putting it on them :)
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    new to this group so this is my first challenge :)

i never use to care until i had kids (2 girls ages 5&6,one with red hair), so now i never leave home without some. And i put it on myself so i can lead by example so they wont give me a hard time about putting it on them :)

I have a red-head, too (grown now), and it's amazing how quickly they can burn. My poor little guy had to wear sunblock and a t-shirt to the pool for years. He'd had one bad burn, and I was terrified of letting that happen again.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Well, this is easy. I have five new tubes of sunblock I am bringing home with me today, plus an SPF 15 facial moisturizer. :) I'm part red-head.
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i have two kids - one is a 17 yr old red head! her dad has a pool so it is hard to keep track of her sun screen but I have recently discovered she does pretty good with putting in on all by herself without reminders from her naggy mom, but her step mom tans in a tanning bed year round and is looking past her age ---- lead by example is good in both directions!

I also have a son who is part indian ---boy tans like toast! and turns a pretty golden brown even in the shade ---- but he always wants sun screen because his blond haired neighborhood buddy is always putting it on.

It is great that both of my kids have no problems with sun screen ---- now if I could only remember to us it my self when I go out to work in the garden :laugh: