Progress

Options
DinahKyle
DinahKyle Posts: 186 Member
Alright everyone, how are all of you gorgeous ladies doing!? No one has posted in here in a while, anyone want to share something new? Updates, new goals? Recipes will always be welcome! C'mon ladies, lets show our support!

Replies

• KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I've got about 10lbs. more to go...can't wait 'til I reach my goal weight!! MFP ROCKS!!!

:flowerforyou: Hope all you pin-ups out there are enjoying NSVs and compliments galore!! :flowerforyou:

Here's a delicious, low-cal recipe for ya...

SHRIMP TACOS!!!

1/2 bag.
    Medium raw shrimp- peeled & deveined (approx. 112 pcs.)
    1 packet ----Taco Seasoning
    2 large
    Onions (diced)
    10 sprigs---Cilantro (chopped)
    4 cups
    Purple cabbage (shredded)
    1 cup
    Lime Crema (sour cream + fresh-squeezed lime juice)
    La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Fiber & Flax Yellow Corn Tortillas

[makes 5 servings]

Cook shrimp in skillet. Add taco seasoning (and water as directed on packet.) Dice onions, chop cilantro (& mix two together), and shred cabbage...set aside. Make lime crema (to taste.) Warm tortillas in pan (you may grease lightly with olive oil, butter, or- preferably- lard/bacon grease.) Build taco and be merry!!!

122 calories per taco
  • Jem_Girl
    Jem_Girl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Last week wasn't so great for me, but at least I didn't backslide. This week I'm focusing on getting my calorie intake down and next week will be adding back in my exercise regime after I figure out how to work around my new physical therapy appointments. I should ask them if I'm allowed to use the pool after my appointment...

Aaah, I love shrimp soft tacos! Going to record that recipe so I can try it some time. Last ones I had were grilled with pineapple on skewers and basted in a tangy pineapple mustard sauce before going in the taco... yay for a hubby who enjoys grilling!
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm finally off my month-long plateau and have hit the 32lbs down mark. :)

Feeling a lot fitter and healthier all round these days. i LOVE going to the gym. I'm working up to lifting heavy - upper body is my weak area - I'm only up to 70lbs there, but lower body, some of the machines I'm lifting 120lbs. I'll be going heavier each week. I'm also starting to get places with my running - I can run almost a mile now. I'm not fast, but I'm still lapping everyone on the couch - LOL!

Unfortunately I'm having to rest up a bit at the moment as I have an injury - ligament damage to my left hip which makes getting around quite painful at best and excruciating at worst. It's really annoying me though because I want to get back in the gym!!!
  • Jem_Girl
    Jem_Girl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm not fast, but I'm still lapping everyone on the couch - LOL!

Hah! Love it. :laugh:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Just getting started in a kettlebell challenge. Things are happening, but slowly. In the past month I am down another 5ish inches. My thighs are shrinking, but I am hoping my tummy will more as well. I am about halfway to my current goal weight, but I am not feeling like my body shape has changed all that much so far. So for the next 2 months I am focusing on that.

I've got a wedding to go to and my family reunion happening the last week of July and the 1st week of August, and I really want to be down 2 more sizes by then. I need to focus on getting the right workouts in. And cutting my nighttime carbs!
  • DinahKyle
    DinahKyle Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Alright! You guys are awesome!

My update is going to be tomorrow as HOPEFULLY I will be reaching my goal weight. I was only half a pound away at the beginning of the weeks, so I am crossing my fingers!

Been falling behind with exercises, which sucks. But it WAS doctors and family orders...so I guess I can deal with that.

I still can't believe how close I am to my goal, I am beginning to wonder if I should add another 5 pounds (to lose) to my goal weight. I'd still be well within my healthy BMI, but would 5 lbs really make that big of a difference? What do you guys think? Should I do another 5, 10? I'll post pictures later for opinions I guess :)

Also, I will be (at least) my goal weight by my birthday, how awesome is that!!! (It's the 27th of this month !)