New here, need some advice!

Options
Hi everyone!

So I just started ri30 on Monday 6/4 after completing Jillian's 90 Day Body Revolution. I have a question that's been bugging me since starting this.....are we really supposed to do the same workout for the whole week (5 or 6 days)??? I thought our muscles needed time to grow and rest, which is why normally different muscle groups are worked on alternating days. I'm just curious about this because I'm on day 3 and my hamstrings and glutes are super sore (which I love, don't get me wrong) but wouldn't I be overworking those same muscles for the next 2 or 3 days and not allowing rest??? Please someone help me out with this. I am very confused!!

Replies

• jdel987
    jdel987 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just finish her 30 day shred and It worked pretty much the same way. I followed it as she suggested and was able to build muscle w/o any muscle breakdown from over working the same muscles and lost a total of 12in. Everyone is different though and you just kinda have to gauge what feels right for you. You might want to try going for 3 days taking a day off and then doing the next three days with another day off before moving to the next level.
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    You are supposed to do each workout for 5 or 6 days and have a rest day. I started on 5/31 and actually did a rest day on Saturday (just because of my schedule). I also work out 1 day a week with a trainer so I dont do RI30 on that day.
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different though and you just kinda have to gauge what feels right for you. You might want to try going for 3 days taking a day off and then doing the next three days with another day off before moving to the next level.

This is a great idea. I might have to try it week 2, but I really hate working out on the weekends. :blushing: