difficult to lose any weight

Options
mecaseyrn
mecaseyrn Posts: 76 Member
Hi all! So i have been tracking on MFP since about March/April, I have yet to lose more than 8lbs. Initially I was eating 1200 cal and lost 4lbs the first week, then for 3 weeks I lost nothing. So I increased to 1300cal and lost like 1.5lbs or so. Now I increased to 1400 because I can't think of why I won't lose weight. It just won't budge. I am pretty active and don't have a desk job. I cut most of my carbs and this week I decided to cut all Fruit and increase the protein hoping this will work. I believe that I eat a healthy diet for the most part. I do have an open diary if anyone wants to look and let me know what I am doing wrong. I am really at a loss and would love to just give up! Any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• sbb7249
    sbb7249 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello & welcome! I've been netting between 1500-1600 per day and losing about 1 lb per week. I work out at least 3 times a week and have a sedentary desk job. I've read some posts from the group eat more to lose that suggest you should eat above your basal metabolic weight to successfully lose. You may want to check that out and see if that helps since you've already been results by bumping your calories up. Good luck!
  • s0ready
    s0ready Posts: 99
    Options
    when you up your calories, give it atleast 2-3 weeks for your body to adjust and change. I was at the same with you when i started on here eating 1200. I have now increased to 1500 or so and have been finally getting results...just give your body time to readjust when upping the calories. Good Luck!
  • kryscallarman
    kryscallarman Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    What activities are you doing? Are you building muscle and losing fat?
  • mecaseyrn
    mecaseyrn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I alternate running and weight lifting.....I usually will run like a half mile the day I lift to get my heart rate up, on my other days I run about 2 miles and walk another 0.5miles. Its probably muscle but I still haven't lost anything and I have been on MFP since April.....its very depressing!
  • kmaddox1969
    kmaddox1969 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Don't give up and I know that it is hard when the numbers on the scale are not moving. How does your attire fit you now? Are they getting looser? Sometimes we lose inches when building up the muscle that helps burn the fat. Stay strong and keep logging what you are doing. How much water are you drinking I was told that it also plays a big part in helping to lose the weight. Good Luck.