Foot pain

Options
s35keith
s35keith Posts: 121 Member
Any ideas on what to do about foot pain. I am starting to scale up my milage for a marathon in the fall(my first). I have been experiencing mid foot pain for a few months. I got an xray (negative), and saw a podiatrist who wasn't any help and I can live through the pain. But I am looking for suggestions on what is my best course of action.

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Bumping for you because I really don't have any idea what could be the problem.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    where is the pain, we need a more detailed description to guess, since you took an x-ray - and it was negative - you could have a bone bruise. I had one on my foot and the diagnosis from a podiatrist was a bone bruise. It felt like a broken bone. Also gout feel like a broken bone - a normal location for that would be in your big toe area - although it can be anywhere...
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I recommend a podiatrist and a second opinion.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm also wondering as just recently I'm having pain right underneath my middle toes on my left foot. Only hurts when I walk or run. It sucks, not bad enough to stop me from running but enough to worry me a little.
  • Emilit_uk
    Emilit_uk Posts: 87
    Options
    http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-241-286-289-12761-0,00.html

I found this article, nut sure if it's any help to you; it gives a few stretches you could try and see if it alleviates symptoms.

The only other thing I can suggest is that it may be plantar pain; I suffered from this for a short while when I first increased my mileage