Cake tasting?!

Options
Okay ladies. So I'm helping my bride out with several tasks (candles, rose petals, registry stuff...) including cake tasting. She doesn't like chocolate, so I'm a stand in for my brother and everyone else who eats chocolate. HELP. Do I count? How?! And when can I say no? Bahhhhhh I don't know what to do!

Replies

• zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Take a couple bites of each? And... I wouldn't say no :P
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You are just tasting, right, not eating entire slices of cake? And how many different cakes could there possibly be to get you in trouble? Just don't say mmm...not sure...just another bite...repeatedly!
  • emmeinde
    emmeinde Posts: 22
    Options
    Luckily the cake was whatever...it was the icings and fillings that killed me! I will definitely be able to resist at the wedding. Good luck to anyone else encountering the same thing!
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    LOL well that's good! We're just buying a few different cakes from Whole Foods (< 1/2 the price) and have tested via the individual serving sizes that they also sell.

I also might make us a special cake since we're on a special diet though.
  • MrsLeibas
    MrsLeibas Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    We we might be too brave but we aren't having a tasting. Our venue includes the cake in the cost of the venue but doesn't have tasting and I just said I don't care. I'm not that big of cake fan so I figure it will be fine. We have to layers of italian creme and one layer of chocolate bourbon walnut. I'm looking forward to trying both on wedding night, but until then I keep trying to work towards my goal.
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    I am not having a cake tasting either. My fiance and I are having a wedding cake on every table, so we're looking at ~20-25 cakes. Our cake artist has over 200 flavors of cake, so it would be impractical to sit down and try thinking of a different flavor for each cake. We told her to go wild and make sure there is a nice variety. My step daughter designed one of the cakes (Lemon poppyseed with lemon filling decorated with neon yellow frostng, pink hearts, and black stars).