Weight Plateau

Options
brookef81
brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
Ok, I am officially frustrated and just want to vent to see if anyone is/has struggled with this...

This is week 4 of the same weight! Why am I still stuck? UGH!
I have adjusted calories, drank MORE water, still consistantly exercising...what is going on???

Did this happen to anyone? What can I do? Should I be looking at carbs, salt?

I appreciate ANY suggestions :)

Replies

• IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Well for a month I stayed at the same weight, but I attribute that to eating out more but I was still working out.

Have you tried increasing your calories for just one day to shock your system? I've heard of that working for some people. You could also look at your sodium levels to see if you are holding on to water weight. Otherwise if you are still eating processed foods I would try to really cut back on that for a week and see if that makes a difference.

Good luck! But know you are still doing a great job!!! :happy:
  • sjflowers
    sjflowers Posts: 148
    Options
    I've heard of resting for a few days with only light exercise to give your body a rest and i've also read to do something completely different to 'confuse' or 'shock' your body.. I am definitely not an expert but i upped my cals and added light jogging (once or twice a week) to my Insanity and i am starting to loose ounces again... GOOD LUCK.

oh, my husband was plateaued as well, he stopped the routines altogether and started running. This last month he's run over 50 miles and is dropping pounds... 1.2 today, 2.4 yesterday.. the bas*&rd :smile:

I know exactly how it feels..
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    Ok, I am officially frustrated and just want to vent to see if anyone is/has struggled with this...

This is week 4 of the same weight! Why am I still stuck? UGH!
    I have adjusted calories, drank MORE water, still consistantly exercising...what is going on???

Did this happen to anyone? What can I do? Should I be looking at carbs, salt?

I appreciate ANY suggestions :)
    How much more weight do you have to lose? It gets super hard to lose those last few pounds, aren't you super close to that? There have been great suggestions so far. Have you been taking your measurements? When I would stop losing weight my inches would come off. They seemed to flip flop for a while - a month of losing weight, then a month of losing inches, back to losing weight.
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    All good thoughts...yes, I only have about 5 to lose, so I guess it is not going to come easy....it is just frustrating :(
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Try eating at maintenance calories for two weeks, then go back to your deficit.
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Also try to focus on how your body looks, rather than a mystical number on the scale. Start doing more strength training. Take measurements and take a month break from the scale.
  • denise33027
    denise33027 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have been experiencing the same thing. I avoid the scale. My clothes get bigger everyday and I feel great so that is what I go with. Do you do strength training at all? That might help. Hang in there and just keep doing what you doing!
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am also in a plateau! Have worked out for a year 5-6 days a week.
    Having been watching my food...eating around 1500 calories a day.
    Not happy!
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to take your measurements, sometimes that's the only place you will see results. Because remember, muscle weighs more than fat. ;) Keep it up! You've got this.