my little rant for the day...

Options
miranda_mom
miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
So, my husband and I have been TTC since December. I've been on Metformin since April. No TOM since January. We have a five-year-old daughter. I have a friend who has a three year old son - she conceived him within three months of starting TTC. She knows that we are TTC and the other day she came over to me and told me that she and her husband have decided to start TTC again. We are co-workers and she was like, Oh wouldn't it be funny if we went on maternity leave at the same time, etc. That would be great but I just know she's going to get pregnant before I do. I know I shouldn't think this way, but I do. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• sethandjane
    sethandjane Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sorry - that sucks. People who don't know anyone close affected by infertility for who don't have the problem themselves have NO IDEA how comments like that make us feel.

Hang in there, Jane
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    ugh i feel like that all the time, i feel for you and i so think the same at times. My friend i love her dearly but she is winding me up at the moment. shes told me she has PCOS and gets upset cos she "cant get pregnant" and when I asked her how often she makes love she told me she uses a condom!!!! as shes getting married in a few weeks time and doesnt want to get pregnant so i asked her well how long before then have you been practising it without condom and she said never............... I was gobsmacked and when i went on facebook the other day she had mentioned that she had a bad tummy ache etc and people said are you pregnant and she said no i cant get pregnant without medical help... I was thinking omg you havent even tried!! I have been trying for over 3 years to get pregnant and the fertility clinic wont help me till i get down to at least 14 stone =/! so frustrating!!! wow i feel much better too now lol