Challenge for Friday 6/8/12

Options
YAY!!! You did it! You completed Todays 30 min Challenge!!

Now that everyone is pumped and motivated here is tomorrows Challenge which was suggested by one of our group members. :)
Thank you to them for submitting an Idea that will help everyone in their journey.

CHALLENGE FOR 6/8/12

30 pushups
30 situps/crunches
30 jumping jacks

They may be modified based on your abilities.
HAVE FUN! AND GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Replies

• tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm ready!!
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! 30? okay...I'm ready willing and determined. I love this idea of the daily challange. Kudos to you for a great idea.
  • mrstmp
    mrstmp Posts: 7
    Options
    Word to the wise.......DO NOT DO JUMPING JACKS WITHOUT A SPORTS BRA ON!!! (OUCH!!)

Well, I upped the anny....instead of 30/30/30 I did....

30 push-ups I had to do these in 4 sets of 5, but I was able to do one set of 10, (I can't remember the last time I could do that many at one time!!!!) Never the less I did all 30!!!!! WHOO HOO!!!
    60 crunches and
    90 jumping jacks (needless to say I stopped at about #4 put on the good ole sports bra and started over...lol)

Good Luck Everyone!!!

~Mrs. TMP
  • FatFreeKandee
    Options
    GREAT JOB GUYS!!!! Remember they can be split up just like mrstmp did ....go at your own pace but push yourself...and congrats to mrstmps for taking it further and doing 60 crunches and 90 jumping jacks! amazing!

Pushups dont have to be perfect....go down as far as you can, and if you have to be on your knees instead of your feet, that is ok too. But push yourself!

YOU CAN DO IT!
  • kre_78
    kre_78 Posts: 2
    Options
    Challenge completed :) did not realize how out of shape I am.
  • FatFreeKandee
    Options
    AWESOME Kre_78! So proud of you! We're all here for a change chica, dont worry. But just remember, the more you do it and get active the easier it will become. Our bodys are weak from supporting extra weight and not being active like we should have been. But the weight will slowly come off the more you work at it, your muscles will get stronger and before you know it, you'll be able to blow through pushups, crunches, or jumping jacks easily.:) Keep your eye on the prize!

I've been getting discouraged thinking about how I have to lose 80 lbs. But I changed my way of thinking and split it up into 5 lbs goals. So my first goal is to lose 5 lbs...once I reach that.....I'll worry about the next 5...its going to be a long journey but living is worth it. :) YOU GO GIRL!
  • FatFreeKandee
    Options
    YAY!!! I completed todays challenge but took the crunches up to 60...yowza! hurts but feels great!
  • sch7355
    sch7355 Posts: 55
    Options
    Challenge complete! :)
  • melonclarinet
    melonclarinet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Breaking it in half. This morning I did 15 push ups (my upper body is WEAK), 30 sit ups, and 30 jumping jacks. I'll do the other half of this in the afternoon. :) Thanks for the challenges, keep them up!
  • BabeedollB
    BabeedollB Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    On it!!!
  • FatFreeKandee
    Options
    GET IT!
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Challenge done!
  • FatFreeKandee
    Options
    GOOD JOB! CONGRATS!
  • FatFreeKandee
    Options
    TOMORROWS CHALLENGE HAS BEEN POSTED! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! STAY MOTIVATED AND GET IT DONE! YOU'LL FEEL SO PROUD OF YOURSELF AND SO ACCOMPLISHED. It always feels great to push yourself to do more than you believed possible :)
  • LJSlocum
    LJSlocum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh boy;
    It sure seemed alot easier when I was younger. I really didn't think it would be that difficult. But it was. My form with the push ups was not that good either. But the important thing is that even though I couldn't do it at one time; I finished. I am going to drink my water this week as well. I think we need a challenge to stay away from the simple sugars.
  • ritzema5
    ritzema5 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Challenge complete. I did the push ups in 2 groups, but the fact that I could do 15 at a time amazed me. 5 from my knees used to be too much for me. Yea!!
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hufff...huff...huff...puff....huff..puff...whew...I did it...All of it....:bigsmile:
  • FatFreeKandee
    Options
    HAHAHAAH!!!! WOOOO!!!!!!! AMAZING JOB EVERYONE!
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Done now its time for 30DS!!
  • mcfluffie
    mcfluffie Posts: 22
    Options
    A little behind, but challenge completed. :)