What do you do for work??

Options
poncho33
poncho33 Posts: 1,511
I was wondering what y'all do for work, seems like some make lots of money, some make some money and others make little. Or what was the best job you ever had??

I'm a facilities manager for a designer furniture company... it pays me some money!

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Why, MFP of course!! :wink:
  • poncho33
    Options
    Why, MFP of course!! :wink:

well played... I should have said, what should you be doing instead of MFP :wink:
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Teacher!!! My facility closed due to budget cuts :( But I'm starting summer school and then a permanent position come september. :)
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Production analyst & A/P clerk for an oil & gas company.

Also a full-time grad student!
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Silk screener (i print t-shirts). Nothing glamorous, but pays the bills.
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Appeals Analyst for a medical insurance company. As the other thread about being denied for a gastric goes around, I'd be the one sending the denial out. Start the hatred...now. :explode:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Receptionist/executive assistant. I'm going to school to be an exotic animal trainer though.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    <
    Part time desert tortoise biologist - Part time finance manager - Full time MOM.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Appeals Analyst for a medical insurance company. As the other thread about being denied for a gastric goes around, I'd be the one sending the denial out. Start the hatred...now. :explode:

That's okay I am a mortgage underwriter and get to call people that they don't get the house of their dreams.
  • poncho33
    Options

That's okay I am a mortgage underwriter and get to call people that they don't get the house of their dreams.

What bank?? I just went through a deal with underwriters
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I work for a university.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I work in IT as a keyboard monkey. The shift, graveyard, is great for gym. Off by 7am and I can go straight to the gym and it is not busy. Plus I have downtime while @ work so I can get away from my desk and go outside for short fitness breaks. However drawbacks is I work weekends so social life is near non-existent plus the hours too.
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options

Good time isn't it? I have to put my full name on my letters to the member and providers. We also have to make sure the letters are perfect for when we get sued and have to go to court. :angry:
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    My best two jobs are my current one and loading trucks at UPS during school. At UPS, you worked your *kitten* off. Your productivity was easily quantifiable, you were sweaty achey and dirty when you were done. It was essentially getting paid to work out 5 days a week. Plus I could eat whatever I wanted and still maintain or even lose weight. I would have more women buy me drinks in one weekend than I have in the rest of my life combined.

My current job is doing economic analysis of electric and natural gas utility regulation. It is interesting because it sets policy within the state, has a real affect on people, and there often isn't a cut and dry clear answer what the solution is. I also get to testify in administrative proceedings and help create administrative rules. It pays well (about 5 times the median income for the area).

The worst job I had was managing a Domino's Pizza. I worked about 95 hours every week. The sucked and the benfits were pretty much fictitious. The employees were lazy slackers who were often drunk or high at work. Customers were often too stupid to even order a pizza. I was asked about 10 times a week why I needed an address to deliver a pizza.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

I will never tell which bank in a public forum. Also rememeber we are protecting economy with what we require and the government watches everything we do so don't ***** at us.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Stand behind the parts counter at an agricultural equipment dealership.
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    System's Analyst contracting with the government.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I am administrative assistant.
  • poncho33
    Options

I will never tell which bank in a public forum. Also rememeber we are protecting economy with what we require and the government watches everything we do so don't ***** at us.

My deal actually worked out great so I won't give you any ****!! It was Wells Fargo
  • GabriellaMaria
    GabriellaMaria Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    i work for a mental health trust in Essex, uk... contact centre...love it, but OMG!!
    just saying.....probably the best place for me under the circunstances!! lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: