New To Group - Happy Pride Boston!

Options
DreaFitX
DreaFitX Posts: 46 Member
Hi everyone. I am a lesbian, from Boston, new to the group and forums in general. Been using MFP since 2011 and def have done the yo yo thing (i noticed a real gain when i stopped using MFP) but now back on track and hitting a plateau. Roughly 30 pounds from my goal weight. Looking for friends/motivators advice, tips etc. Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Happy Pride Boston! I am a bi mom living out in Worcester & also looking for friends and motivators. Add me if you like :)
  • jvansyckel
    jvansyckel Posts: 45
    Options
    Happy Boston Pride!! You beat me to it! LOL!!!! I was also going to post a happy pride day :):) Will send an invite the more motivation we get the better we all succeed!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    pittsburgh pride too. my first time,, it was interesting.. I was shocked they were charging $45 to get in to melissa ethridge on the street last night..today i saw the twyla tharp show, comeflyaway, then had snacks at pride and saw a local dance company with an old student. what a nice day. (this was after a little mini parade at church for feast of corpus christi)
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    pittsburgh pride too. my first time,, it was interesting.. I was shocked they were charging $45 to get in to melissa ethridge on the street last night..today i saw the twyla tharp show, comeflyaway, then had snacks at pride and saw a local dance company with an old student. what a nice day. (this was after a little mini parade at church for feast of corpus christi)

Your first pride? Congrats!! It's nice to be surrounded by the "family" :)
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Happy Pride! We just celebrated ours here in DC.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options

Your first pride? Congrats!! It's nice to be surrounded by the "family" :)
    agreed. but it's sad too in a way.. that the world only sees the boys in booty shorts serving shots, shirtless bears with out and proud bellies and the militant lesbians with killer spiked hair and thinking that's all there is to our community. Since I was going to another show, in the 90 degree heat I was wearing a shirt and tie and looked the odd man out. It would have taken a couple of beers to be in touch with my shirtless bear! I had a really great time and cheated on the diet and had french fries I couldn't finish.
  • ronboy1979
    ronboy1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great time at Boston pride! Providence pride this weekend parade on Saturday the 16th!! Hope everyone is out and proud!

Anyone looking for other great support on myfitnesspal pleas add me always looking for great friends to help in weight loss support!
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Here in Houston we have our Pride parade at night. Otherwise people would probably die of heat exhaustion. I "think" Pride is on the 17th this year. We've been a couple of times, but I'm not much for crowds.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Here in Houston we have our Pride parade at night. Otherwise people would probably die of heat exhaustion. I "think" Pride is on the 17th this year. We've been a couple of times, but I'm not much for crowds.

June 23rd! We're going for the first time in eons - y'all should go too! I think there's stuff going on all afternoon and in to the night!