High Calorie Intake

Does anyone struggle to eat as much as they need to gain weight? Have any tips for healthy, high calorie intake daily without wanting to vomit?

Replies

• JordanLomb
    JordanLomb Posts: 20 Member
    I also have the same problem with a full stomach, I hate the feeling. You can bypass it though by adding toppings to your foods (cheese, butter, dressing, peanut butter, etc.). Also try to avoid drinking large quantities of liquids before a meal to save room for the solids. Drinking high calorie juices also help, but I find that the best (and most fun) method is snacking throughout the day. Here's a link you might find helpful.

http://www.crispydisc.com/article/505973/Tips-About-Healthier-Weight-Gain-Strategies.html
  • 2drunk
    2drunk Posts: 7
    Hi,

you can train you body/metabolism to get to a higher calorie intake(without vomiting :))

A 3 meal a day routine won't do the trick. You need to go to at least 6 meals a day.

Week 1: start by eating every hour. just a bit every time ...apple/banana..half slice of bread...half a shake
    after a few days your body screams for these calories every hour.

Week 2 : expand the times between food 1.5 till 2 hours but increase the amount of calories just a bit.
    Your metabolism gets used to having calories to burn all the time. The hunger feeling will kick in after a while.

Week 3 : calculate your BMR substract any calories burnt then add 500 till 1000cal. the number that comes out devide it by 6(amount of meals) and thats the amount you need to get in every meal.

Don't add high calorie juices to your calculation for a meal...achieve calorie intake with food only drink lots of water

Hope it helps you 2