how many times have you joined

Options
just wondering if any of you have joined and re joined many times on weight watchers? i know it works and then do well for a few weeks then quit...i am rejoining again tomorrow.........just feel ambarrassed at myself, especially telling people last month i was joining, then haven't been to a meeting for 2 weeks...

any view points?'

thanks
leanne

Replies

• montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I probably joined and rejoined about 5 - 7 times between 1991 and my last rejoin in 2004.

In April of 2004 I told myself I was going to stick with it, even if I gained every pound back. I was not quitting and would reach Lifetime... even if it took a lifetime to do it.

Took me 6 years to lose 100 pounds and 6 1/2 years to get my goal. Yes, I gained quite a bit weight during that 6 years, but I never quit and continued to go the meetings. Looking back, I'm not sorry it took me so long to lose the weight. I learned a lot during that time, a lot that has helped me through maintenance. A lot of what I learned was what does not work for me, but it helped me find tricks and tips that do work for me.

Don't be embarrassed about going back. I bet if you ask the staff members working at any given meeting, most of them attended WW more than once before getting to goal! :flowerforyou:
  • skinnybitchmode01
    Options
    Ive joined omce or twice but have actually done ww about 20 times over the past 3 years! I lost 3.5 stone on the old system but have decided I NEED to do this now so no more coming off!! Im back for good!!:love::happy: