MTG Players

kryscallarman
kryscallarman Posts: 114 Member
Are there any MTG Players are there?

Replies

• RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    I haven't played in ages but I love this game. I don't have anything newer than Mirrodin in my decks. I left a bunch of my cards behind when I broke up with an ex of mine but it wasn't worth the fight over who owned what cards. I still have my wicked white deck though. I love that thing. It plays different every single time. :) I like the challenge of a non tournament deck (my white deck has at least 150 cards in it.) I also have a green deck that is on loan to a friend of mine as I was trying to teach her how to play a few months ago.

Man.. now I want to play again :).. MtG players in the NoVA area where are you?!?
  • kryscallarman
    I'm in Central IL. We've have FNM every other week and then there's a draft night tonight. Plus we have "fun" nights thrown in there! I've got a white deck that last time I played I had 100 health with 36/36 creatures out.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Haven't played since 7th edition. I still have my decks somewhere lol
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Haven't played since Ice Age...
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Hey! That would be me. I'm currently running a Naya Wolf Run deck that I want to destroy, Rafiq Exalted Bant EDH, and Exalted Bant Modern. :) Feel free to add!
  • Iam918
    Iam918 Posts: 118 Member
    I haven't played using physical cards since '95. LoL!

But I do have M:tG - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 for Xbox 360 and will be getting 2013 when it comes out next week (6/20) or soon after.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    I don't play MTG but there seems to some sort of local group of players. I keep on running into them at White Castle at the most weird times. I don't know why but this thread made me think of that lol.
  • kryscallarman
    I don't play MTG but there seems to some sort of local group of players. I keep on running into them at White Castle at the most weird times. I don't know why but this thread made me think of that lol.

lol! Our local MTG Group meets at Godfathers. I still don't know how that became the place of choice. I think its only because the workers don't care ;)
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    I'm in Central IL. We've have FNM every other week and then there's a draft night tonight. Plus we have "fun" nights thrown in there! I've got a white deck that last time I played I had 100 health with 36/36 creatures out.

Haha, I play too and i'm also in central illinois!

Currently just play for fun with 2 standard decks I built myself that seem to be doing real well. One is a RDW and the other a wolfir ramp deck, both are legit for the group we play just not sure how they fair in Type 2 tourneys, I have seen a ton of delver makeups and it's just annoying to watch it crush all the PTQ's, metagame needs to change fast.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    I never got into it. Pokemon had me by the balls.
  • bkuester
    bkuester Posts: 3 Member
    I hadn't played since around Ice Age. Just got back into it in the past year. It's fun and social for me, but some people take it to the competitive edge. I end up missing every FNM because my band practices on Wednseday and Friday nights.