Introductions

Options
bharris8203
bharris8203 Posts: 8 Member
A little bit about myself, my name is Brooke and I live in Waldorf, MD. I moved to Waldorf from Ft. Lauderdale, FL in November 2007 and somewhat enjoy it. But, I miss the Florida weather quite often.

I have battled with my weight almost my entire adult life, and while my BMI is now below the "overweight" mark, i want to drop it some more. I am hoping to meet some new friends in the area who have similar goals to lose weight and get in shape.

Replies

• moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I actually live in St. Mary's county, but joined this group in the hopes that it might eventually encompass other parts of Southern Maryland. I'm out of the country right now, but I hope to be back soon. We moved to Maryland from Central Florida about three years ago. Having both grown up in Florida, the change was good for my wife and me. She loves the changes of the seasons, but I couldn't care less about that. I don't mind the winter that much, but I wish it didn't last so long.

Anyways, I lost a little weight before I joined, but I still got a lot to go. It would be nice to be able to create a local community so that we could pass more pertainent information to one another.
  • FourLynne
    FourLynne Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A little bit about myself, my name is Brooke and I live in Waldorf, MD. I moved to Waldorf from Ft. Lauderdale, FL in November 2007 and somewhat enjoy it. But, I miss the Florida weather quite often.

I have battled with my weight almost my entire adult life, and while my BMI is now below the "overweight" mark, i want to drop it some more. I am hoping to meet some new friends in the area who have similar goals to lose weight and get in shape.

Hi Brooke, Like you, I've battled weight most of my adult life. I recall it all really starting at the age of 30 and now I'm 50. My husband and I got a chance to visit Ft Lauderdale FL this past summer and it was beautiful. A bit on the expensive end, but beautiful! Loved the weather. Back to weight, I have lived a sedentary lifestyle because I work behind a desk, and it came with a host of stress. I want to make this the year of balance or learning it, and trying to get my life back. I am tired of feeling sick and tired all the time. Time for a change up! Let's do it!
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm in White Plains. Hello