Monday! Glug Glug Glug!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Okay, so now that it has gotten horribly hot outside many of us will reach for different ways to cool off (90 here)...beside taking a dip in the pool a cool beverage is what most seek and let's face everybody does not want water...even though we know it is the best option.
Most will go to 7-Eleven for a Slurpee, Starbucks for the iced coffees and/or the other fast food joints like Mc D's or Burger King for the smoothies.
I went online to look at some of the calories and whoa...you can drink up to 200-300 calories and that is not includeing the rest of your calories for the day! Thank goodness they have some low-cal choices or you just choose a small size beverage. Please be concious especially at places where you can serve yourself....know the calories add up as you get a larger size! Check online first so you know your options!
Hey we all want to stay cool but be smart and one step ahead of the game when you do! Water is not looking to bad right about now! LOL!!!!!!!!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• wiggywompus
    wiggywompus Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Water with a little squeezed lemon juice in is nice if you like something less sweet or fresh orange. I always dilute any fruit juices 50/50. My once a week treat is a latte after food shopping - makes it worth doing!
  • Wendy595
    Wendy595 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I hate drinking my cals and didn't realize how bad some of the drinks were til I started logging. Scary!!!
  • JustPat123
    Options
    Setting a goal/challenge per day sounds very doable. One of our TOPS ladies sets a weekly (small) and does very well with her weight losses.
  • jenmay37
    jenmay37 Posts: 3
    Options
    Even though I drink diet soda, I know it is not good for me. I have started making a pitcher of water every night to drink the following day. I slice 1/2-3/4 cucumber, 1 sliced lemon, 12 mint leaves, and sometimes some fresh ginger root. It tastes so good and eases my craving for soda. It is also good for digestion.
  • emckinley23
    emckinley23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That sounds so refreshing, good idea!!!