Is everyone "done" for the summer?

Options
JennsRAQ
JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
My DD is still struggling to get done with our 1st grade work... Ugh. Between our move last August and my pregnancy and the new baby, we've had an interesting time getting stuff done.
I'm just trying to get done with math and finish up The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Reading with her finally and I"ll call it good for the year. Sigh!
What about you guys?

Replies

• KdBeehsm
    KdBeehsm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! Well, I have two that are done (7th grade and 3rd grade) and my 10th grader will finish up next week. We usually make it to the last chapter in most subjects - and I "call it" in early June when I have just had enough. lol! My 10th grader is independent with her school work, so my involvement is minimal. She is driven to finish ever last lesson.....
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Baby years are always tough and if you moved at the beginning of the school year you had a double whammy! Hang in there and see if there are possibly some ways to accelerate what you are doing. For example...if your daughter is good at Math, would it be hurtful to have her do fewer problems? If so, don't do it. But with a program like Saxon, so many are review. If I know that they can do that type of problem, I don't mind crossing it off. Even eliminating 5 problems gives them a sense of finishing up quicker and motivates them to work harder and faster.

If sluggishness has set in, consider setting up a timer..."Let's see how much you can get done in the next 15 minutes." kind of thing.

For us, we have been done for 2 weeks except for our standardized tests...not sure why I am dragging my feet on them but they will be done and in the mail by Wednesday.

D