Trans, GenderQueer, Intersex etc. Group

Options
AFreeheart
AFreeheart Posts: 87 Member
I need two more people to say they'd like such a group before I can set it up.

Replies

• DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't really mind either way. As long as we're still welcome to discuss here in the LGBT+ group, another group might be redundant. If you decide to start it, however, I would still join. Either way. c:
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    I wouldn't really mind either way. As long as we're still welcome to discuss here in the LGBT+ group, another group might be redundant. If you decide to start it, however, I would still join. Either way. c:

You are welcome here if you're lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, questioning, intersex, asexual, pansexual, queer, gender queer, gender neutral, gender variant, polyamorous, closeted, out, androgynous, straight ally, friend/supporter of the community, undefined, supportive parent/guardian/family of LGBT+ persons, or if you simply don't fit a label, don't like labels, or you're just interested in learning about the community.

I hope that the trans* community here in LGBT+ doesn't feel unwelcome. Almost everyone is welcome here. :flowerforyou:
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    thank you.
  • AFreeheart
    Options
    This group does feel very inclusive and welcoming. Thanks for it!
  • beccasue1130
    beccasue1130 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i'm in
  • AFreeheart
    Options
    I have an insane work schedule right now..will set group up in the next few days.
  • celtictechie
    Options
    I'm in! Sorry I haven't been on much to reply! (Busy summer!!!)

And yes, this group does feel very inclusive and I love it here, but it would also be nice to have a Genderqueer/Intersex/Trans/etc. specific group since I think a lot of us have similar goals in our weight loss/fitness, or else we can relate to the difficulties of finding fitness plans for ourselves.
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I think T, GQ, IS people have special issues that don't always fit into LGBT+ group. I would support such an effort to create another group. I would not leave one group to join another, but if people want to talk about gender issues, a big thing in this type of group, then I think they would freer to talk about those things. Let me know if the group gets created.
  • AFreeheart
    Options
    I like the LGBT* group too and will stay in it.
    Tomorrow I should have time to start the other group!
  • SanrioBoi
    SanrioBoi Posts: 5
    Options
    Count me in!
  • SanrioBoi
    SanrioBoi Posts: 5
    Options
    I agree! LGB issues, especially regarding health, can be very different from T/GQ/IS issues. Also, I'd love for there to be a separate group just to make it easier to find more community and not have to sort through all the other LGB threads.

I'll still be a member for the LGBT+ group, but it makes sense to add more resources. This is certainly not an either/or for me.
  • dorkboi
    dorkboi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm on board as well. If I can remember I'm even a part of these groups. I kind of suck at keeping up on postings lol