loose skin or fat?

Options
Hi all :) I'm trying to get success stories to inspire me to keep trying. I am 142 Lbs currently from 170..need to be 110..so overall weightloss is a must. My biggest hurdle right now to look past is my post belly from 2 c-sections, and 1 very recent ventral hernia repair surgery. I am only 28, and am losing hope every time I look at my belly. I Have pictures on my profile :/ , does anyone have experience or know if what I have going on is extra skin or fat that can melt away? Please help , thanx! :)

Replies

• jprid88
    jprid88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i wanna know to. like if i really relax my stomach it looks like im 3 months pregnant. i had a c section to but its not too bad but im used to it looking alot better than it does now and it seems like the weight isnt coming off, idk if its my birth control or what. i havent eaten the best the past few days thanks to the bf and i going out alot so its time to buckle down. im doing p90x so im hoping it will help. good luck
  • dawemouse
    Options
    im the same, if i put on a couple of pounds my 'overhang' (c section scar) is worse ive lost 5 whole pounds so far and it is getting better. i found a before and after photo of a lady on the success stories who had a c section and a completely flat tummy she looked so hot! i want to look like that too!!!! there is hope dont give up
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've got 2 children, now 3 and 15 months, and luckily I didn't have a c-sec either time (i live in England, so c-secs are not done here as often as in the US I think?).

I've still got loose skin, although I'm actually smaller than I was before I got pregnant with my first child (Sept 2008). I've heard that it can take 2 years for your body to get back to normal after having a baby. My 2 are 22 months apart, so I didn't give my body much of a break!

I go to the gym a lot and have personal training sessions, and this has really helped. I think it'll take a while, but eventually my skin will shrink back (I hope!). I'm 34, so I guess age is not on my side.
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I don't have pictures but I had the round belly like yours after giving birth. Once I started losing weight my belly got smaller as well. Once I hit my goal weight my stomach was still kinda sticking out and I tested myself for diastasis recti (ab separation) and found out I had it pretty bad. Since I've been working on corrective exercises my stomach is slowly but surely becoming flatter. I do have loose skin that is wrinkly now that my belly is noticeably smaller. What you have looks like fat, so if you lose/continue to lose weight your stomach should shrink. Be mindful not to do any exercises that force you to push out your stomach, you will need to do pelvic floor exercises and exercises that help with diastasis recti (like ab vacuums) because those will help your stomach to get flatter again. Good luck to you.
  • Wallace082011
    Options
    I really don't know if I have this or not. My tummy is not that bad. My baby was very long and sat in me diagonally. so I only have stretch marks faintly on one side of my belly button and was only stretchy on one side. it has shrunk significantly, but it is still giggly and shaky. How did you test to see if you had the ab seperation?
    I don't have pictures but I had the round belly like yours after giving birth. Once I started losing weight my belly got smaller as well. Once I hit my goal weight my stomach was still kinda sticking out and I tested myself for diastasis recti (ab separation) and found out I had it pretty bad. Since I've been working on corrective exercises my stomach is slowly but surely becoming flatter. I do have loose skin that is wrinkly now that my belly is noticeably smaller. What you have looks like fat, so if you lose/continue to lose weight your stomach should shrink. Be mindful not to do any exercises that force you to push out your stomach, you will need to do pelvic floor exercises and exercises that help with diastasis recti (like ab vacuums) because those will help your stomach to get flatter again. Good luck to you.