Meant to be a mom

Options
MrsCarter00
MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
I don't know about you ladies but I would say since I started high school the only thing I ever knew I wanted in life was to be a wife and a mommy..all my friends were planning their lives according to what they were going to college for and a family would come later but I always knew I was meant to be a mom and a wife. Maybe I'm a little old fashion, idk lol but I've been a wife for 2 years now and I am so excited to become a mommy in December. I just feel so complete and my heart is smiling :) Just thought I'd share :-)

Replies

• Schuyler
    Schuyler Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I love being a mom, it's a great gift. I'm so lucky to be able to stay-at-home, but I'm looking forward to getting back into the real world when my kids are older. For now, I'm neck high in diapers, play-doh and time outs, but I love it :)
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    That's so sweet. Being a mom was never my main aspiration, but I always knew I wanted to be a mom, and there was never a question about it. My mom stayed at home with me and then worked part-time when I started school on and off, so I sure do appreciate you moms. Heck, I might change my mind about working when I have the baby, we will see!
  • Moodymona
    Moodymona Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It's the best job ever :)
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    Haha thanks ladies. I know it wont be all fun and games but it will be totally worth it! @Chicky maybe you will want to stay home! I am so blessed to be able to have that option, i know not everyone does.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    This is soooo funny. I always wanted to be a stay-at-home wife and mother for as long as I can remember. And I wanted between 3 and 12 children! I saw no point to college whatsoever, but I had a scholarship so I went. College CHANGED me! All of a sudden, I wanted nothnig to do with children at all! I love my job, no way I'm giving it up for anything! Changed to a max of 2 kids and not until my 30's!

I got married 2 yrs ago at 24. Sometime last year I thought, awwww, a baby would be nice, but Not till I'm older! Now we have "BC Oops" twins on the way and I am soooooooooooo excited! I'm simply loving being pregnant and can't wait till they actually get here! The plan is for my hubby (he runs a trucking co out of our home) to stay at home and me to continue working, but who knows that might change :-)... And now with 2 on the way at once, well, 2 just doesn't sound like enough anymore LOL
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    This is soooo funny. I always wanted to be a stay-at-home wife and mother for as long as I can remember. And I wanted between 3 and 12 children! I saw no point to college whatsoever, but I had a scholarship so I went. College CHANGED me! All of a sudden, I wanted nothnig to do with children at all! I love my job, no way I'm giving it up for anything! Changed to a max of 2 kids and not until my 30's!

I got married 2 yrs ago at 24. Sometime last year I thought, awwww, a baby would be nice, but Not till I'm older! Now we have "BC Oops" twins on the way and I am soooooooooooo excited! I'm simply loving being pregnant and can't wait till they actually get here! The plan is for my hubby (he runs a trucking co out of our home) to stay at home and me to continue working, but who knows that might change :-)... And now with 2 on the way at once, well, 2 just doesn't sound like enough anymore LOL

Haha that's crazy girl!!! Glad to hear you are back in mommy mode!!! And congrats on having twins!! I've never wanted more than 1 or 2 babies so kudos to you!!! I always just thought I could spend all my attention on one and all, ya know? Do you know what you're having!?
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks ladies. I know it wont be all fun and games but it will be totally worth it! @Chicky maybe you will want to stay home! I am so blessed to be able to have that option, i know not everyone does.

Sadly most of us dont have that option. I need to work full time for the health benefits and because we are one of those families that cannot live off of one income :( i would love more than anything to stay at home and watch my baby grow and teach them new things. Unfortunately someone else will get to do that
  • MrsCarter00
    Options

Sadly most of us dont have that option. I need to work full time for the health benefits and because we are one of those families that cannot live off of one income :( i would love more than anything to stay at home and watch my baby grow and teach them new things. Unfortunately someone else will get to do that

I'm so sorry girl, it is so sad that so many would like to but can't. I know some people in that same situation and i know its not easy for them.