Week 9 Discussion (6/11-6/17)

Options
AndreaG170
AndreaG170 Posts: 104 Member
Just thought I'd start this one.

I can't even believe it. I have completely dropped out of the whole weight-loss thing. It's already week 9 and I haven't made any progress! I don't have motivation, I'm tired, my back and neck hurt, and 'tis the season for cold beer and ice cream (not at the same time). I'm happy that I've lost 16 lbs, but I pretty much lost 14 lbs in 3-4 months, and for the last two months, I've been making no progress. My goal is lost.

On a more positive note, thumbs up to everyone who is staying focused and reaching their goals! You really are an inspiration.

Replies

• lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Good for you for focusing on what your'e done and not beating yourself up. Sometimes we all need to step back and reevaluate the way that things are going. I know I did. I can get myself way too stressed out about working out, etc and eating healthy. I'm still heavier than I want to be and I hate the fat on my body, but, I'm doing what I can.
  • AndreaG170
    Options
    Well, thanks! And good for you too. Focusing on the positive helps us get over the negative and keep moving forward.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • lunamare
    Options
    I know I'm not on the chart this month, but coming in to these threads is keeping me motivated. I'm SO discouraged with my weight and lack of time to exercise lately it's driving me crazy. I keep saying "next week I'm going to kick it into high gear" and I'm 2 months into June and I still haven't done it! I need to get off my lazy *kitten* and move.

Having said that, I'm going for a walk around the farm next door at 12. That should at least keep me awake in my 1-4 meeting (ugh) I sit at a desk all day so that's a killer too.

What's everyone else doing for exercise this week? I ran and did weights on Monday and did Jillian's Yoga Burn yesterday.
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time finding time to exercise too. I started the week off good and ran on Monday night. My NEW plan is that I would run every other day, but I missed Wednesday and Thursday, so I'm screwing up my own plan already. So I'd like to run tonight but my son has a baseball game, my daughter needs her hair cut and I need a new outfit for graduation parties tomorrow. There's never enough time for everything.
  • GingerRogered
    GingerRogered Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i have so fallen off the band wagon this round. Uni holidays never help, I assume the rest of me can go into holiday mode as well. I'm a bit disspointed in myself but I have no one to blame but myself. I've made pretty bad decisions lately that haven't been leading to results. Here's to a fresh week!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    We'll have to start a "fallen off the bandwagon" group soon. Since I haven't been losing, I've been getting discouraged and then life stepped in:
    Things just got too crazy at work, I was working 10-12 hour days 7 days a week from May 12th all the way through June 7th because of a study we were doing at work that wasn't cooperating. Near the end got an emotional crash and burn situation that sent me straight into a huge depression (not totally over this but dealing with it.) I kept thinking every week that I was going to start over and get back on track, but just didn't happen. Then had to travel June 10-15, the lovely cold that I have appeared June 7th. Thought that I would this week, but I'm not so sure, it's still a high stress week since I have a paper due on Friday (have all the info, just a major case of procrastination) my recital is Sat (with everything going on, I have half a routine done, still have the middle section to do), and earlier mentioned cold is still hanging around and has been joined by a sinus infection, of which I am now on antibiotics for 10 days (and they always cause me to gain weight.)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm afraid to step on my scale right now.... am using this week to convince myself that Sunday is the day, everything is over and that is my fresh start day to get back on track. Anybody with me to recommit and see if we can do this??
  • lunamare
    Options
    Hang in there, Rach!

Stepping on the scale and seeing the godawful number was the best thing I could do. It really smacked me upside the head and made me remember what I need to be doing. I'm really going to try for the next two weeks to do the best I can. We're heading to Vermont to help my parents work on the cabin for the first week of July and then my friend's wedding is the end of that week. I NEED to look my best at this wedding or I will be so upset with myself.

I'm in it with you, at least for this week and next. I can't promise about the first week of July because my internet might be spotty, but when I'm back on the 9th I'm back in 100%.
  • AndreaG170
    Options
    Stepping on the scale and seeing the godawful number was the best thing I could do. It really smacked me upside the head and made me remember what I need to be doing. I'm really going to try for the next two weeks to do the best I can. We're heading to Vermont to help my parents work on the cabin for the first week of July and then my friend's wedding is the end of that week. I NEED to look my best at this wedding or I will be so upset with myself.

Good luck with that wedding! I have a wedding in July too, which was my initial motivation for losing weight, and I've got four weeks. Here's to looking our best.
  • lunamare
    Options
    Oh Andrea, you don't even know. I can't say anything more until after the wedding, but it's going to end up on TV. I do not want to see myself on TV the way I look right now. I know it's not about me and chances are I won't even be on TV, but with my luck my fat *kitten* will end up on there being picked on or something.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, Rach!

I'm in it with you, at least for this week and next. I can't promise about the first week of July because my internet might be spotty, but when I'm back on the 9th I'm back in 100%.

Thanks! I'm hoping that stepping on the scale will get me back on track, I just wish I could figure out how many calories to eat, I think that's part of the problem. I have three different numbers from three different sources and I don't know which one to use (all I can say is that the number of calories that MFP said to eat -which is the lowest number at 1470- doesn't seem to be working, I was doing the correct calories for three months and didn't lose a pound, actually started gaining!)
    Just keep it up with it the best you can for the wedding and then the first week of July (no worries about the spotty internet, just keep up your good work that's what counts!)