Need 5'11" friends please

Options

Replies

• cardio_fiend
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm just a little shy of 5'11". I currently weight 172 but feel my best at 165.

I'm looking for tall friends, too, so add me if you'd like.

Cheers!
  • Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" too and about 8 pounds from my goal weight of 150. I would love to STAY between 148-152 forever, but I've never been able to do it. Maybe this time! Always looking for more MFP friends, so anyone feel free to add me--I'm on here most days and would love to cheer you on!
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and currently 165lbs.

My highest was 185: in 2009-2010 when my back problems were so bad that they prevented me from even sitting in one position for too long, and forget walking more than 60 seconds! I finally had back surgery in the summer of 2012- yeah!

My lowest was 135: in the early 90's when I was in high school.

I think I look the best around 152, but I need to have muscle definition too or else I just look like a stick. Feel free to add me as a friend if you're looking for more tall friends! =)
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am almost 6ft and would love tall friends.

I began about 196lbs (89 kilos) and am now hovering around 178 lbs (81 kgs) - i recently got to 169 lbs (77kgs) and felt awesome, but it was a struggle staying there.

But I want to get back there, and would love to get to 165lbs... - if only I could stop the (too often occurring) over indulging. I love my exercise, and my food!! P

lease feel free to add me!
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    5'11 here as well! Just got back on the bandwagon. GW is 165-170 range!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    5'11" here too. Started at 229lbs.Currently 181lbs, aiming for 160. Friend me!
  • penguinlibrarian
    penguinlibrarian Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11", just joined myfitnesspal today because it's time I get back in shape. I gained about 20 lbs in the last year. I was about 130 when I was running 6 days/week, a couple years ago, then 140 a year ago, now I'm 150 & have been creeping steadily up. I don't care what my weight is, but I just want to firm up and lose the jiggle on my legs and arms and sides.
  • nw288
    nw288 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" (ok, 5'11 &1/2) anyone feel free to add me :)
  • Aprill20
    Aprill20 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 - started on MFP on January 30,2012 at 194.4 pounds. My goal weight was 150 but am currently 136.4. I have taken up running and am preparing for my second 5k next weekend, you can do this!! I never thought I could and am still shocked when I look in the mirror.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10.25" is that close enough?? Either way, anyone can feel free to add me. I eat real food and try to exercise more days than not. I love to cook as well! I have about 20-30 more lbs to lose depending...mostly I would just love to not hate my stomach area...
  • vjmooney
    vjmooney Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and finally using this site again, I'm so glad to see so many tall women out there with goals that are more similar to my own! Don't get me wrong I have great friends, but I'm the giant in the group so their sizes and weights aren't really doable for me. Not to mention feeling discouraged that I will probably never be the size two that they are going for! I'd love to find some new tall friends :)
  • tracywaz
    tracywaz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just a smidge under 5'11"-- but when my hair is in it's naturally curly state, I'm totally with you! :)

I lost almost 16.6 lbs before joining MFP by doing what basically amounts to a boot camp program- this is not reflected on my ticker tho. I was 186.6 in January and as of yesterday I was down to 171- and I lost 3% body fat! I'm really focusing on body fat and not weight- my current goal is 25% and that will get me down to around 160. I might go lower, depending on my comfort level and how I feel. But I'm 40 and 25% is borderline "fitness" category for women my age.

My all time high (not counting being 9 months pregnant) was just over 200 and that was 2 years ago. I was miserable and working for an abusive boss. The day I decided I was going to quit and start my own company, I took back control of my weight. I talked to my husband, set my quit date and dropped 40 lbs. A year passed, I gained most of it back (up to 200) and then lost it again. Another year passed, I had ballooned back up to the 186.6 where I started this year.

Between the support at my gym, friends and here, I am NOT going to let myself go again! I had before and after pics taken (see profile) and the difference is amazing. The one thing I've learned in this journey is that support makes all of the difference in the world! I'm now buddying up with people in my town to start a support group. I feel great, I look great and I want other people to know what it's like!

Would love some friends as well! :)
  • traceygford
    traceygford Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 too! Currently 150lbs, don't really have a goal weight. I'm trying to build more muscle and lose fat, so just want to get rid of enough fat so my muscles will show a bit more. I have my food diary open in case any one is interested.

I would be interested to hear what everyone's daily calories goals are and what exercise you do?
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and exceeded my goal size 8 - I'm currently a size 4/6 and weigh 170 lbs. I started at a size 14 at 196 lbs. Lifting dramatically changed my body composition so I stopped focusing on the scale a long time ago. I'm at maintenance now, but still focused on fitness goals.

I don't log food except for a couple weeks every few months. I just started logging again yesterday.
  • texaslonghorn42
    texaslonghorn42 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am 5''11 and just recently got back on MFP about three weeks ago because at 195 I was the heaviest I have EVER been. The thinnest was about four years ago when I was at 142 which was almost too thin for me. My goal is around 155.... I have lost 10 so far so hopefully can keep on going. I wear a size 12 right now. Always interested in more tall friends!
  • Naturally_EB
    Naturally_EB Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I make the cut, I'm not quite 5"11" only 5'10" :laugh: . Feel free to add me if you'd like
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and exceeded my goal size 8 - I'm currently a size 4/6 and weigh 170 lbs. I started at a size 14 at 196 lbs. Lifting dramatically changed my body composition so I stopped focusing on the scale a long time ago. I'm at maintenance now, but still focused on fitness goals.

I don't log food except for a couple weeks every few months. I just started logging again yesterday.

That's fantastic! I'm now about 151 lbs, but clearly I'm bigger than you because I'm more like an 8/10 =) I want to be working out and lifting now, but my physical therapist is making me wait due to back issues... argh! :grumble:
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    5'11.5" here! Current weight is 154.5. I'm happy where I am weight wise, just want to change my composition up a bit. Increase muscle mass & decrease fat slightly.
  • ailixia
    ailixia Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    5'11''!!

Don't own a scale, so don't know my current weight.. should be around 150lbs. I'm not focussed on the numbers on the scale but would like to lose some inches and body fat! Just striving for a better figure I guess.

Feel free to add me!
  • bellydancefae
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and currently around 223lbs, down from 245. My first goal is to get under 200 again... I managed it last year, but I keep gaining and losing the same 20lbs over and over again the past 4 years. My second goal is to get to 175lbs, which was the last weight I felt comfortable at. Depending on how I feel then, I may aim for 155lbs since I am a dancer and that would be my ideal athletic weight.