Thoughtful Tuesday June 12

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
I am wondering if folk are losing motivation?
Motivation: the act or an instance of providing with a reason to act in a certain way: inspiration, cause, impetus.

Okay so why are you on this journey? Why at Wendy's you chose the grilled chicken salad instead of the double with cheese and fries?
Why do you bring your lunch to work instead of going out to eat?
Why do you get up at the crack of dawn to go run? Why do you sign up for a class to do a bootcamp or race?!?!!?

Why do you eat before grocery shopping? Park at the end and walk father to entrance? Why do we do these things hoping our children will watch and learn so as not to go down same path?

Why have you chosen to be here on this site? Ask yourself and answer these questions and seek your motivation and write it down or put on refrigerator or online wherever but don't forget it!!!!! Practice Practice Practice and repeat repeat repeat it!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• Wendy595
    Wendy595 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! It is so easy to lose focus in this rat race we call life!!!
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I also like to write positive affirmations and post them around the house, like you said on the fridge or the mirror so you see it when you wake up and before you go to bed. A constant reminder even from yourself is always needed to keep yourself on track. Thank you!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this because I saw where I was quickly headed if I didn't.

To keep me going, I combine motivations. For example, I need to a) get exercise and b) meet new people in my area, so I am taking a martial art class, where I do both! Or I need to a) eat healthier and b) reduce my costs each month, so I cook at home more.