Question for those of you on Match?

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
So, I see the same people over and over on POF, so decided to try Match. This is the problem.....if someone winks at you, and you know they dont' have subscription....how do you communicate with that person? There was someone who winked, and his profile says he has not subscribed, and so I winked back....but that is it right?

Also, is there a way to tell if someone is subscribed or not....I have some profiles come up green background and some not...is that indicative of anything?

Thanks in advance.............

Replies

• Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    You may want to pay close attention to their profile if you are really interested...they have clues in it to tell how to contact them outside of Match.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Yeah sometimes people will put their email address in their profile somewhere, but if they aren't subscribed they can't read or write emails through Match.

I personally don't have much tolerance for people who don't have a subscription. If you're too cheap to pay then go use a free site, I'd rather not have someone's profile show up in my matches if they can't even ready my emails.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    So, I see the same people over and over on POF, so decided to try Match. This is the problem.....if someone winks at you, and you know they dont' have subscription....how do you communicate with that person? There was someone who winked, and his profile says he has not subscribed, and so I winked back....but that is it right?

Also, is there a way to tell if someone is subscribed or not....I have some profiles come up green background and some not...is that indicative of anything?

Thanks in advance.............

Basically, you just have to hang around until they DO subscribe. By which time you might be unsubscribed!! :laugh:

I dont recall there being any indication of subscribers. I think that's the whole reason they let you join for free and let you wink, to tempt you to join when you get interest from someone you like. It can be a little frustrating, but hey,

Whatever will be, will be :flowerforyou:
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    The people with green highlight behind their profile are paid subscribers. White background is free. And free users cannot do anything more than view and wink.

Even if you email free users trying to give another method of contact, Match does a pretty good job of blocking it out, and it will most likely fail. You need to get really creative.

Otherwise, like mentioned, some free users have contact info in their profile.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    The people with green highlight behind their profile are paid subscribers. White background is free. And free users cannot do anything more than view and wink.

Even if you email free users trying to give another method of contact, Match does a pretty good job of blocking it out, and it will most likely fail. You need to get really creative.

Otherwise, like mentioned, some free users have contact info in their profile.
    No, that just means they signed up for the platinum package. They will be displayed to new members first and they can see who read their emails. So they are obviously paid subscribers but if a profile isn't green it doesn't necessarily mean that they are not a subscriber.