recipes/good food days : )

Options
Hi everyone : )

As i logged all my food today i was thinking how nice it would be to have some more recipes to add to my collection, or even just foods that people think are great snacks. So listed below here is a challenge of things for you to answer (if you want) .. i think everyone can benefit with them to get ideas for healthy choices and options to vary up the healthy choices they're already making so we don't get bored.

1.) What's your favorite QUICK snack?
2.) Whats your favorites sandwich/salad/or sub to make? -- its HOT out in the summer and these are options I know i choose.
3) HEALTHY dinner recipe or even just a combination of foods.

feel free to share as much or as little as you want! : )

for me:
1) My favorite healthy quick snack is i LOVE pudding. I know this sounds odd and not like a weight loss choice lol but the little snack packs fit into my diet plan on most days and I love throwing one in with lunch or at the end of the day it taste like a mini dessert : )

2) I love making wraps : ) I use honey wheat tortilla's and lately what i like to add on it is: some avocado slices, tomatoes, onions, lettuce,2 slices of healthy ones honey baked turkey, occasionally 2 slices of ready cooked bacon. SO GOOD! ... I also love to make turkey, cucumber, and cream cheese wraps .. they're SO YUMMY.. you just add about 2-3 slices of diced cucumbers into 2 tbsp of 1/3 less fat cream cheese and mash it up a bit, spread it on the tortilla add 2-3 slices of the same turkey i said earlier .. roll in the wrap cut in half and DONE : )

3) FISH and CHICKEN that's about all i eat meat wise lol. I love tilapia I put 1tbsp of melted butter on it, minced garlic, and parsley. I like to cook it with a side of broccoli and cauliflower, and whats better than some yummy corn on the cob too! Below is a picture (i've never added pictures before so i have no clue if it will work lol)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80354024@N02/7366873254/in/photostream

Looking forward to reading everyone's posts :)

Replies

• nicholegregory7755
    Options
    My fav. Quick snack is hummus and pita chips

I love making roast chicken club sandwiches

For dinner I like to saute tilaphia with lemon and garlic and butter..add a side roasted potatoes with onions and. Basil. And oregano
  • mmills4
    mmills4 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My favorite quick snack is cottage cheese and tomatoes.

I like to make egg salad and tuna salad sandwiches and sometimes mix them together. (I use miracle whip since it has less calories.)

Not sure how healthy but really good... I like to bake boneless skinless chicken breast in a little olive oil or italian dressing. Rice and a veggie.
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I just made this the other day and it was so good. Quinoa and black beans. I found it on allrecipes.com and it is amazingly simple to make and is even better as leftovers! It has corn and onion and fresh cilatro!!! yummmmm

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quinoa-and-black-beans/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=quinoa and black beans&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page
  • Starklover
    Starklover Posts: 57
    Options
    Hmmm, my favorite go to snack would have to be any fruit... or if im doing good that day a skinny cow ice cream sandwich!!

I just love loaded salads.... lettuce, cukes, celery, little bit of egg, little bit of sunflower seeds or soy nuts, some avocado, carrots, snap pea pods, super tiny side of ranch, and some turkey bacon bits!

My favorite for dinner is stir fry- Simply because you can throw whatever meat you want... except maybe fish ive never stir fried fish, all the veggies you can handle and then whatever seasonings your in the mood for- garlic, spicy pepper sauces, teriyaki- and spread over a little bit of rice or noodles, or nothing if you prefer!
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    My fav. Quick snack is hummus and pita chips

I love making roast chicken club sandwiches

For dinner I like to saute tilaphia with lemon and garlic and butter..add a side roasted potatoes with onions and. Basil. And oregano

YUMMY HUMMUS : )
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    My favorite quick snack is cottage cheese and tomatoes.

I like to make egg salad and tuna salad sandwiches and sometimes mix them together. (I use miracle whip since it has less calories.)

Not sure how healthy but really good... I like to bake boneless skinless chicken breast in a little olive oil or italian dressing. Rice and a veggie.

Skinny taste has an egg salad that is REALLY GOOD. I use 1 hardboiled egg and 1 hardboiled egg with only the egg white, a tbsp of the kraft mayo with olive oil (its less fat, and taste better) and sprinkle some pepper in there. I add a tomato slice and a piece of lettuce onto toasted whole wheat bread.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Yummy hummus...good with chips, veggies, anything...