New

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Summer and I'm new to this site and group. I'm looking to start trying again anywhere from Jan-April next year and I'm losing weight the best I can to try and prep my body. I suffered from two miscarriages in about one year and they couldnt find a reason. My sister is 7 months pregnant and found out she has mthfr blood mutation which is genetic. I had to ask for this to be checked since everything looks normal in cbc. I'm happy to know about this and I hope its the issue with being able to hold a pregnancy. I still want to be comfy preg and not have a struggle more later to lose baby weight. I'm really scared to try again and everytime I do I end up stopping after a month. Things are going decent and I think I cant handle stress well so I'm working on myself in all areas!! Feel free to add me.

Replies

• HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My husband and I haven't started trying yet, but we have a cruise booked for March next year, and that looks like it will be our marker to start trying. Miscarriages run rampant in my family, soI am very nervous. I figure anything I can do to help my body now would be best.
  • jl20whyd
    jl20whyd Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. We also want to try around that time. I'm hoping for a fall baby! Good luck with all your goals!
  • angelbabygoal
    Options
    we would also like to start trying sometime 2013. But I would like to lose around 80 lbs before trying! If anyone wants to add me as a friend so we can hold each other accountable, please do so!
  • lobbyart
    lobbyart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We're looking to start trying in the spring... my worry is more about my cycle coming back regularly after going off the pill. I had to jump-start my cycle the last time I went off, so I want to start early and get things going.

I also want to lose about 15 more pounds before trying so I'm in ideal shape and can be healthy for the baby and so I can bounce back more quickly!
  • pendii
    pendii Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I'm new too. My husband and I haven't started TTC yet. We're thinking of starting around Jan/Feb of next year. (That's only 5 months away!) I really want to lose some weight and get in shape before then. That's really one of the major motivators I have going right now. We've been married 6 years and in that time I have gained 50 pounds. Yikes! I just lost 17 of those pounds this summer. Only 33 more pounds to get back to my wedding weight, but I actually want to get smaller than that. I was a lil overweight when I first got married (I was 172). My BMI chart says I need to get under 154 to be at a healthy weight. So I set my target for 145, but I know it gets much harder to lose weight as you get smaller, so I dunno. I might change that number, I would be soooo happy just to fit back into my wedding dress before I get preggo!

Right now I've been aiming to eat 1200 calories a day and exercise at least 3 times a week. That hasn't happened *every* week, but I have definitely been making progress. I started trying to "run" this summer and it has made a *huge* difference in my weight loss. I put run in quotes because right now I just do intervals. I haven't been able to run more than about a half mile straight through yet, but I am getting better.
  • pendii
    pendii Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Lobbyart - I have been charting for birth control. (3 years successful!) I was on the pill before that. I would say it really took a good 3-6 months for me to have a normal-ish cycle after I quit the pill. And now that I'm about 3 years off hormones, I have been noticing some more changes in my cycle that have brought me back closer to what I remember before starting the pill.