Welcome Long Hair Lovers!

Options
13»

Replies

• Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Hiiiii!!!! iv grown my hair all my life and its almost down to my knees!!! i still want it longer tho.
    Wow!!! That is amazing!! I wonder how long you can get it??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
  • Sonya139
    Sonya139 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm Sonya. Thanks Curvi for the invite. I've been natural since September 30th of last year. Wow almost one year but over a year since my last relaxer. I'm now loc'd!! I love the low maintenance of getting up and going. Although locs isn't really low maintenance, it's better than when I was doing twistouts.
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've been natural for about 12 years now. Ive worn twa, dreadlocs but mostly close cuts. Right now my hair is cut but I'm growing it out. This is going to be a journey. My hair is.... Tough to say the least but I will NEVER perm my hair again, EVER. I have two daughters and I will never perm their hair either.
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! My name is Glenda. I've been natural for almost 17 months with a 15 month transition. My hair is in layers, and my longest layer is approaching MBL. My goal length is between TBL and HL. I am in protective styles 95% of the time. I cowash only, 2x per week, and deep condition 1x per week. I use the LOC [liquid, oil, cream] method for moisturizing and sealing my hair 2x per week. I also use the GHE [greenhouse effect] on my hair 3x per week. I am so glad to be a part of the group and look forward to growing my hair with you all to longer lengths!
  • Curvimami
    Options
    :happy: Welcome Newbies!!! :happy:
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR THE INVITE... :flowerforyou:

I am new to the Natural hair thing and still learning. I have been Natural for about 2 Years w/ about 2 inches of annoying permed tips that I have yet to chop.. :noway: I am in desperate need to replenish this CATUS....Any Suggestions, I hate dry looking hair :grumble:

Other than that going Natural really wasn't to much of a problem being that I rarely got perms but once a year. I think I would like it more if I had more things to do with it other than walk around looking like EDWARD SCISSOR HANDS or BUCKWHEAT...:sad:
  • Curvimami
    Options
    THANKS FOR THE INVITE... :flowerforyou:

I am new to the Natural hair thing and still learning. I have been Natural for about 2 Years w/ about 2 inches of annoying permed tips that I have yet to chop.. :noway: I am in desperate need to replenish this CATUS....Any Suggestions, I hate dry looking hair :grumble:

Other than that going Natural really wasn't to much of a problem being that I rarely got perms but once a year. I think I would like it more if I had more things to do with it other than walk around looking like EDWARD SCISSOR HANDS or BUCKWHEAT...:sad:

Welcome!!!!... If you go on Youtube you can find lots of hairstyles for transitioning individuals. It can be quite helpful with products and styles you can try. Good luck
  • trugift
    trugift Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My goal is to see how long I can grow my hair and keep it healthy... This is going to be a journey. My hair is in a TWA about 1 and ½ inch very big curls and thick. I co-wash only, 2-3x per week, and shampoo and deep condition 1x per week and do a ACV rinse 1x a month but I moisture daily with my spray bottle and oil esp. before bed. I love the versatility, The best part.....no worries about sweating it out during workouts. Wash and go. I love it!!! I am so glad to be a part of the group and look forward to growing my hair with you all to longer lengths!

Thanks for the invite!!!
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    What a fun thread!

My name is Yana and I am currently NL hoping for HL one day. I've been natural since 2005. I first went natural in 1998, but began "texlaxing" off and on until April 2005.
  • Nette0309
    Nette0309 Posts: 106
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the invite !!! I have been natural for 4 1/2 years, I ended up doing a second big chop a year ago, but now my hair is BSL stretched, my goal is to get MBL ideally by next fall. But I'm patient, as long as my hair is healthy I'm happy. :smile:
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I loooove long hair. Mine was past my rear when I got really sick, stressed, and went through a divorce. I lost so much hair it was straggly, so I had to have it cut to around bra strap length with layers to hide all the loss. Now it's getting healthier all the time and I'm getting more and more of it. It's super thick again and I just want it to grow!
  • FitMami26
    Options
    Hey long hair lovers! Been on MFP for some time now and didn't know about this group. Any who, I am APL hoping for BSL this year.