weight loss/gain

Options
rainbos
rainbos Posts: 75 Member
Interesting, since I started crossfit 3 months ago, I've gained 3 pounds and I'm definitely slimming down a little, and getting a lot toner, especially my legs. I look forward to some tighter abs, but I'll be happy anyway.

Anyone notice the same thing?

Replies

• jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    definitely. I started 3 months ago as well, and I've stayed within the same 4 pounds (up and down up and down), but I've lost 3.5 inches each from my chest, waist, hips, rear and thighs and I've gone down one pant size :) I'll take it!
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    because I focused on building muscle and strength, within the first year of crossfit I gained 20 pounds but no inches... I think that it's common to gain weight at first but not see any bad change in size
  • Laura1667
    Laura1667 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have finally lost my first pound after starting crossfit last week! I am 5'1.5" and 155 (now 154) so I do need to lose the weight. I have found eating more protein and staying away from most grains has helped. I am by no means perfect (had a crap cheat DAY Sunday), but am glad that my energy is up! I do eat at least 90+ grams of protien a day ( with the help of a shake or two). Just wanted to post and celebrate my little victory :-D
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    The scale is evil.

My CF coach told me to throw away my scale or get ready to be incredibly frustrated.

For me, the scale jumps around depending on the day and what activity I had done the day before. Seriously, it can be up 5lbs one day and down 7lbs the next day. So frustrating. Must I reiterate... Scale = EVIL!!

Most of the time it's water, though since I have started eating Paleo the scale is consistently going down.

That being said, my measurements have gone down significantly since starting crossfit... again, Scale = Evil!!
  • rainbos
    rainbos Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    When I weigh myself, I use the same scale, literally right before my work out, wearing same shoes and similar gym clothes. Its not hard for me to do that. This way my weight has hardly changed in 3 years. Its fixed at about 144 and I'm 5' 9". But I think I'm dropping fat and gaining bone density and muscle in the last 3 months. So when you see the evil number, note that there is a lot of good stuff being weighed too.

Edit: I only weigh myself once every two weeks. As my trainer always says, it's JUST A NUMBER.