Hi, new member

Options
I have fibromyalgia, arthritis and some other fun stuff..... trying to lose weight but watching the scale keep going up. I'm determined to go the other way so I am going to really watch what I eat. I can't lose weight by exercise because I can only do about 10 to 15 minutes at a time and then sometimes end up in bed for the next day. I work in my garden a little every day and it wipes me out.

Does anyone have any tips on losing weight when dealing with pain?

Donna

Replies

• kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have fibromyalgia and HMS (EDS). Can you get in a pool? Gentle water aerobics, or even walking the length of a wading pool, is great exercise and is more gentle on your body than most other exercising.

Take it one day at a time - I've gotten to where I am so far with little regular exercise. It's at least a start. I'm starting to incorporate exercise in now.

Feel free to friend me. Best of luck to you!
    Kristin
  • donnawannalose
    Options
    Well I live in Fairbanks, AK so I've heard the pools here are cold. I'm going to call around and see which one is warmest and try it. I can't swim so I thought about taking lessons if I can afford it. I might end up just wading.