New to the group!

Hi, my name is Rachelle. I was looking for a good group that can help with the issues that we deal with, and get more support, hopefully this is the spot! :)
My biggest issue with weightloss would probably be my Bipolar II...I've yo-yoed so much because of it. Started on a bit of a manic phase then get depressed and stop. I'm on Seroquel for it (have been for a few years) and you may know that you can gain a lot of weight on it if you are not careful. I also have been diagnosed in the past year with adult A.D.D. which would make my workouts hard because my mind was in a million places. I was on ritalin for it and it helped a ton for a while but has recently quit working. And last but not least generalized anxiety and panic disorder...I am just a bucket of fun!!
I live in IL with my husband and two girls (7 and 4).
I was always a small person (i'm only 5'1") and didn't battle weight really bad until a slew of meds that i'm now off, and when I first started seroquel. Anyway I now weigh 190 lbs, and it has to go!!
I workout 5-6 days a week and aim for a 400+ calorie burn those days. I have to do low impact because i'm in the process of being diagnosed with either rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis :/
Look forward to getting to know you all!

Replies

• BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Hi Rachelle, Im new too - well back again after a long break. I also have BPII
    I put on lots of weight with Lithium and now that I'm off it I'm trying to lose that weight.
    Look forward to seeing u around :)