Please share

Options
_SusieQ_
_SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
Social media is a powerful thing. I'm sharing this in hopes that someone, somewhere will come forward.
Here is Kayla's story, written by her mother who is one of my best friends.

kayla.jpg

Kayla is an innocent victim of a coward with a gun. Kayla was on top of the world, Saturday, May 27th after graduating from Memorial High School the day before-a full year early, enjoying her graduation party with family and friends and then spending the evening with her boyfriend and his family. Kayla had her future figured out and was starting college the next week to get a degree enabling her to follow her passion of working with special needs children. Kayla's summer plan was to babysit her brother, go to college and volunteer weekly at the Little Lighthouse, where she could continue working with special needs children, as she had for her senior year at Memorial. Kayla was coming home earlier than expected because she was tired when someone fired a high powered weapon at her vehicle. One of the shots passed through the license plate, the back of the passenger seat exiting her chest and continuing through the windshield of the vehicle being driven by her boyfriend. This took place just yards from Kayla's front door – her mother came out to find her daughter bleeding from the gunshot wound, unable to speak or open her eyes though she was still breathing. Despite the efforts of her mother, paramedics and ultimately ER surgeons, Kayla died from her wound. Kayla and her boyfriend, Neikko, were doing nothing wrong; they were not participating in any high risk behavior and are not believed to have been the target of the shooter but none of that changes the fact that Kayla was murdered that night by some unknown thug. This could have been anyone’s child but in this case the victim was my daughter. My world will never be the same – in that moment, the future that Kayla, her family and friends had envisioned vanished… the life we knew was destroyed… and for what?
Police need our help in finding who took this beautiful girl from her family and friends. Someone knows who did this and why – that person needs to come forward. Tips can be provided anonymously by calling Crime Stoppers at 918-596-COPS.

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    This occurred on Saturday night, May 27th in east Tulsa, OK.