Little victories

Options
SavvyCake
SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
Hey everyone! Let's have a thread here where we can discuss any positive things we do to help fight our BDD, no matter how small, to help encourage ourselves and to learn new coping ideas. There are days where it's hard to feel like I accomplished a lot, but if I look closer, there's always something.

For me, already today I've had a little win: When I got up for work this morning I was exhausted, hit the snooze, and only left myself 15 minutes to get ready. When I got up and threw on an outfit, I immediately was unhappy with the pants I'd chosen. Some days I think they look great, but today was not one of those days. I rolled them up to be sort of capri-style, but still unhappy. However, instead of agonizing over which pants would look ok and wasting a bunch of time, making myself late for work, I just picked a shirt that I know makes me comfortable, and went on. Now here at the office thinking about it, I'm almost positive that even if I'd spent another half hour looking for the perfect outfit, I wouldn't have found it. Today's just one of those days, so I'm proud of myself for just going with what I picked and not wasting time and stressing.

Replies

• I_snaps_I
    I_snaps_I Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know this is a really old post, but nice job on being able resist the temptation to stress out about what to wear! :) I hate those days. Those temptations are tough!

Last weekend I went to a small concert and I wore a shirt that had open flutter sleeves. That was the first time in years I'd worn a shirt in public that exposed my upper arms. I was constantly rearranging the sleeves so that they covered my arms, but I'm still proud that I dared to wear it.
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That's a great victory!

Let's see, I had a good one too yesterday. I spent the day at the beach yesterday and wore a two-piece bathing suit the whole time. Aside from my usual intrusive thoughts that would go along with being so exposed, I also found myself thinking for a second that people were probably thinking it's weird my arms and legs are so tan but my belly was so white. But I stepped back, reminded myself that: a, it's obvious I just normally wear a one-piece, hence the odd tan pattern, that's normal, and b, everyone else is just enjoying the ocean like I am, no one cares what a stranger across the sand is looking like, and c, even if someone was thinking about it, it doesn't matter, I don't know them.

I took some pictures to send to a friend, and some of them turned out to be some of my favorite photos I've seen of myself in a while, too. Totally pleasant surprise.

Anyone else with any victories to share, please do! I love the positivity! :)