Online dating disasters!

Options
Lizlicious2187
Lizlicious2187 Posts: 178 Member
Just found this group :drinker: Anyone got any good disaster date stores (mine have mainly come from POF)? I had one guy meet me at the place for dinner and when it was a two hour wait he suggested going somewhere else. As soon as I get to my car I get a text, "I don't want to sound like a **** or anything but this isn't going anywhere"...talk about confidence buster....wamp wamp

Of course I've also had to deal with a couple of stage 5 clingers...the most recent being a guy that talked about us being exclusive (ya know the bf/gf words) after the first date and then he called me an *kitten* for politely telling him that I didn't want to jump into a serious relationship and that maybe we were looking for different things.

I can't be the only one that has had some doozies!

Replies

• poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Just found this group :drinker: Anyone got any good disaster date stores (mine have mainly come from POF)? I had one guy meet me at the place for dinner and when it was a two hour wait he suggested going somewhere else. As soon as I get to my car I get a text, "I don't want to sound like a **** or anything but this isn't going anywhere"...talk about confidence buster....wamp wamp

Of course I've also had to deal with a couple of stage 5 clingers...the most recent being a guy that talked about us being exclusive (ya know the bf/gf words) after the first date and then he called me an *kitten* for politely telling him that I didn't want to jump into a serious relationship and that maybe we were looking for different things.

I can't be the only one that has had some doozies!

Welcome to the group! I've only had some funny things said during dates... nothing to crazy.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    First, welcome to the group!!

One doozy of a date I had we met for coffee. I instantly knew who he was when I went in to Starbucks because he was the only one even sitting down, that was towering over people (he's 6'8).

Sat down started to talk, and I instantly knew there was no connection, but was pleasant enough to chat with. He proceeded to tell me I haven't lived because I do not like escargot, or rocky mountain oysters. I am sorry but I am cool with what I do eat. Then he was telling me he bought his ex a 4 carat diamond ring. The next day she packed her crap and moved out - took everything including the ring. (he even told me how much he spent on the ring - dude really??)

He proceeded to tell me I should go to church with him and maybe I will be "saved". Oh yeah this date has to end NOW! So I said politely it has been a pleasure meeting you, but I really must go. I have to get up early (which I do so I was not lying). He was planning on taking me to all these places for dinner etc. I once again politely said I need to go, and it has been a great pleasure meeting you, but to be honest I just do not feel any chemistry between us. He then proceeded to again tell me placed he wanted to take me to dinner, etc. At that point I stopped being polite, I just left.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

One doozy of a date I had we met for coffee. I instantly knew who he was when I went in to Starbucks because he was the only one even sitting down, that was towering over people (he's 6'8).

Sat down started to talk, and I instantly knew there was no connection, but was pleasant enough to chat with. He proceeded to tell me I haven't lived because I do not like escargot, or rocky mountain oysters. I am sorry but I am cool with what I do eat. Then he was telling me he bought his ex a 4 carat diamond ring. The next day she packed her crap and moved out - took everything including the ring. (he even told me how much he spent on the ring - dude really??)

He proceeded to tell me I should go to church with him and maybe I will be "saved". Oh yeah this date has to end NOW! So I said politely it has been a pleasure meeting you, but I really must go. I have to get up early (which I do so I was not lying). He was planning on taking me to all these places for dinner etc. I once again politely said I need to go, and it has been a great pleasure meeting you, but to be honest I just do not feel any chemistry between us. He then proceeded to again tell me placed he wanted to take me to dinner, etc. At that point I stopped being polite, I just left.

I trod on a guy's new trainers and he started screaming at me. Telling me how i disrespected his personal property and abused his trust.

it was an accident :huh:

I think he said he had OCD.......................yeah, ok!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

I trod on a guy's new trainers and he started screaming at me. Telling me how i disrespected his personal property and abused his trust.

Dude, stepping on someone's new kicks is an act of war!

:)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

right! :noway: I'd book yourself into therapy!! :laugh:
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options

HOLY FREAKING COW.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i hear a lot of women complaing that guys lie about the height..i am like well how the heck does that work when you meet.

i had 2 gals use fake pictures but when i meet them i didnt care but it was obvious they were either using a pic that was many many years old or it was someone else.

the epic fail i had on pof was one gal agreeded to meet me for ice cream (we live close to a B&R and it was her sugggestion) buslt she wanted to chat on the phone first. so we talked and the whole time she kept getting inturrepted by people she lives with but we talked. 5 minutes after we hung up she texted sorry no connection..i was like it was just ice cream why not meet we could be friends nope she had enough friends..then 3 days later she stalks me on fb and sends a message saying she might have pulled the trigger too fast...
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I got a few messages from this one guy, and I hadn't been on to check them. He took this as me ignoring him, and when I signed on, there were the first few and a really nice new one..
    He pretty much told me to "Go get ****ed in the *kitten* behind Starbucks by one of your gym bros"

He ended it by calling me a "Goo Goo Dolls *****" and told me to meet him in a nearby park for a "grudge ****."

Another great one was the guy who sent me a really long message about how small his junk was. He told me if I wanted, he would send me a photo and I could let him know what I thought.

No, thanks.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

He ended it by calling me a "Goo Goo Dolls *****"

I don't even know what this means. I am pretty sure I am glad I don't know.
  • shammxo
    Options

He ended it by calling me a "Goo Goo Dolls *****"

I don't even know what this means. I am pretty sure I am glad I don't know.

i don't know, either...
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure I am the bad story for the two online dates I've been on. Neither generated from a dating site and in my naivete I didn't see them as dates and thus couldn't have been more nonchalant if I tried.
  • jesusHchris
    Options

Another great one was the guy who sent me a really long message about how small his junk was. He told me if I wanted, he would send me a photo and I could let him know what I thought.

So how was the photo?
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options

Quick Question: How can you tell when there's a "Connection" the first date or right when you sit down and start talking. Is it the body language? Conversation? Attraction? All of the above? I never understood.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I got a few messages from this one guy, and I hadn't been on to check them. He took this as me ignoring him, and when I signed on, there were the first few and a really nice new one..
    He pretty much told me to "Go get ****ed in the *kitten* behind Starbucks by one of your gym bros"

He ended it by calling me a "Goo Goo Dolls *****" and told me to meet him in a nearby park for a "grudge ****."

No, thanks.

Oh wow!!!!! That's crazy!!!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I got groped twice this week. Both first dates. Both met on OKCupid. I actually asked the second one where he got off thinking that's okay? His response, "Your answers to the sex questions".

Wait, so because I answered some questions about my sexual preferences and am somewhat openminded when it comes to sex and sexuality you ASSUME that I'm easy? WTMotherEffingEff?!?!?

I'm tempted to go back under the rock of insecurity and hamstrung ego I've been living under for the past year. At least I wasn't getting molested by practically strangers.
  • yo_andi
    Options
    i hear a lot of women complaing that guys lie about the height..i am like well how the heck does that work when you meet.

i had 2 gals use fake pictures but when i meet them i didnt care but it was obvious they were either using a pic that was many many years old or it was someone else.

the epic fail i had on pof was one gal agreeded to meet me for ice cream (we live close to a B&R and it was her sugggestion) buslt she wanted to chat on the phone first. so we talked and the whole time she kept getting inturrepted by people she lives with but we talked. 5 minutes after we hung up she texted sorry no connection..i was like it was just ice cream why not meet we could be friends nope she had enough friends..then 3 days later she stalks me on fb and sends a message saying she might have pulled the trigger too fast...

I had one of those this week! Profile said 5'8, which is already 2.5 inches shorter than me. He would have *maybe* been 5'8 if he was wearing my heels. Maybe.
  • shammxo
    Options

So how was the photo?

Completely wonderful.

We're now engaged to be married.
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    Completely wonderful.

Awesome. This completely validates the large collection of junk shots I have been taking. Now to send them all to that special someone.
  • yo_andi
    Options
    Completely wonderful.

Awesome. This completely validates the large collection of junk shots I have been taking. Now to send them all to that special someone.

Say yes to the... junk?
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    right! :noway: I'd book yourself into therapy!! :laugh:
    Whenever someone tells me their shoes are new, I immediately proceed to "inaugurate" the new pair by stepping on them several times with a big smile.