For you HR monitors out there, how many????

Options
rainbos
rainbos Posts: 75 Member
For those of you who have used HR monitors during workouts, how many calories do you tend to burn in a typical CF workout? Don't worry about being exact, I just want a feel for the range....

MFP has weekly and monthly reports on that, and you can see what the range/variation is, and the generally the average.

I'm very curious!

Thanks.

Replies

• crashri
    crashri Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just started cross-fit, but have been using HR monitors for a long time (former runner and swimmer). Typically around 700 Calories, but I know I am not representing the strength portion accurately.

Today we did a Helen and it was 706.
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Typically between 400-600 depending on what we are doing and how long it is. I usually start my HR monitor at the warmup, and keep it going through the strength and WOD.
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on your current stats (because the burns will be different for everyone) and what the WOD consists of.

Typically from Warmup through WOD I will burn around 400ish. If theres more running involved it might be more, if theres more strength and lifts it might be less.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I use a basic HRM and just get my avg HR for a specific duration and then plug it into this website: http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx

I seem to burn from warm up to end of WOD pretty similar to everyone else, in that 400 to 600 range.
  • rainbos
    rainbos Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    WOW, thats much higher than I thought. I just enter "aerobic exercise" in MFP, for my crossfit workouts, and it estimates much lower.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    typically between 400 and 700, it's been as high as 900 a few times. On average though about 600.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    woops! just posted this in another topic....

i never have high burns... im 5'4 132 lbs and i range from 300-500