Anyone use creative visualization for weight loss?

Options
operavagabond
operavagabond Posts: 84 Member
I'm a follower of pagan and wiccan traditions (mostly self-created, but they work for me :) ) and I was wondering if anyone in this group applies creative visualization to thier weight loss routine? I use a form of it and lately it has helped me to break through a stubborn plateau!

Replies

• AlysonBug
    AlysonBug Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi, could you go a little deeper into what you mean by creative visualization? Like if you don't mind telling what exactly you do.
    I'm pretty sure I understand what you are talking about but a little more info would be helpful.
  • operavagabond
    operavagabond Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Alyson - CV can mean different things to different people. I don't use it just simply to make a wish and hope it will come true. (Many people who became discouraged with "The Secret" learned quickily that just hoping for something is often useless without action to back it up.)

For me, I created a who new body image in my mind, then I incorporated it into my reality by taking slow but sure steps to achieve my goal daily.
  • AFreeheart
    AFreeheart Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think using creative visualization to facilitate weight loss and getting in shape is a good thing.
    I've been communicating with my stored fat cells and the parts of my body where excess fat is stored. It feels kind of odd, but has worked very well.
  • AlysonBug
    AlysonBug Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Okay okay, I understand I do similar things, I started with mirror work and meditation visualization exercises.
  • AFreeheart
    AFreeheart Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Okay okay, I understand I do similar things, I started with mirror work and meditation visualization exercises.

Excellent starting point!
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I also found this free video on youtube by a nice guy named Thomas Mooneagle (he has maybe fifteen videos up), and it is called 'magical weightloss'. I tried it, and he makes it clear it is to help you have a good relationship with food, whether you want to lose or increase weight etc. I also tried his one about 'manifest a money miracle' and one about accepting good fortune, etc., and I have been happy. Might be worth a try--maybe I will post the link in another thread.
  • DevoteeofIset
    DevoteeofIset Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm a follower of pagan and wiccan traditions (mostly self-created, but they work for me :) ) and I was wondering if anyone in this group applies creative visualization to thier weight loss routine? I use a form of it and lately it has helped me to break through a stubborn plateau!

Operavagabond, How is this working for you? I have been meaning to add more visualizations and meditations to clear out the old mental images and replace with good ones. ~Erica
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Yes yes I do I think it is important to be able to visualize your end goal to help motivate you. I also visualize my self trans forming into the goal as I work out.