Numb toes and foot pain...

nermal6873
nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
I've notice over the last week that when I hit about the 2 mile mark on my runs, the tip of my "ring finger" toe on my left foot starts to feel numb. On my long run this week, after I hit around 3.5 miles, the ball of my foot also started feeling numbish and sore. I've only put 100-150 miles on these shoes, and yes, I was fitted by a running store. At first I thought it might be my socks, because I had been wearing compression socks while I run (ankle length), but I tried my long run in a padded pair instead and had the same problem. It doesn't bother me afterwards, so I wonder if it might be the shoes/socks or maybe something with my gait? Any thoughts/suggestions?

Replies

• Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Did u get fitted after your long run? I would try that. The running store always tells me I need a 7 but I always go with 7.5 because my toes go numb in 7's. You may also. E tying your shoes too tight near the toes. Search runners world for some different ways to tie.

Good luck!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I had numbness in my feet when I run. It turned out to be my pisiform outs muscle being too tight and rubbing on my sciatic nerve. Massage therapy and strengthening my hips solved it. I had a lot of dr visits to figure it out.