Healthy Gamer Snacks

Options
Gamer like to nibble and munch while they are playing video games, but it doesn't have to be that unhealthy junk food! Post your recipes for quick gamer snacks that not only taste good, but satisfy the gamer munchies!

Replies

• knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Something simple i eat sometimes is carrots and fat free ranch dip.
  • ValkyrieFD
    ValkyrieFD Posts: 83
    Options
    Instead of chips, why not make Parmesan Pita Crisps!

parmesan-pita-crisps_300.jpg
    Parmesan Pita Crisps
    -Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan evenly over a 4-inch whole-wheat pita.
    -Dust pita with ¼ teaspoon dried oregano and broil until the cheese browns.
    -Cut into quarters[
  • mrsleftybrown
    Options
    I have found that taking Non-fat unflavored individual Greek Yogurt, then adding whatever is your favorite dip mix to it ( just a teaspoon is all you need). Let is chill for a couple of hours. Cut up your favorite veggies and dip away. The Greek Yogurt can give you up to 12 grams of protein and only 100 calories and really fill you up. It is a great snack.

Also make your own kale chips.

1 bunch kale
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 teaspoon seasoned salt

Directions

Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
    With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
    Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.

Makes 6 servings and is 58 calories per serving!!!! Great for vitamin A and C.
  • ValkyrieFD
    Options
    YUM, that sounds amazing!
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    It sounds boring, but I love eating raw radishes. lol They're crunchy, spicy, and hydrating. Just a tiny sprinkle of sea salt on them and I gobble them up.

I also devour watermelon. Regularly.
  • Krmviolin61
    Krmviolin61 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like to eat popcorn, lightly salted, little butter and almonds, no salt. If I get tired of water, I will allow myself one Coke Zero. If I'm still tired of water I'll use Crystal Light Energy packets. Usually I just need something crunchy to eat that has few calories.
  • ValkyrieFD
    Options
    Ok I found this one online, and I know it will save me when I get my junk food cravings when I am back on food:

Homemade Baked Low-Sodium/Fat Tortilla Chips

-soft corn tortillas (grab the corn tortillas with 0 sodium and 1 gr. of fat)
    -non stick spray oil (get the natural sprays that minimize calories and the bad fats, like canola, sunflower, and olive oil)
    -spices of your choice (once again, keep it smart and low sodium, like Mrs. Dash, etc.)

1. Cut your corn tortillas into quarters. Spray oil will add a little more fat, but it's miniscule.
    2. Lay your cut tortillas on a baking sheet, spray the top of them with spray oil, sprinkle your favorite seasonings.
    3. Bake 400° for 6-10 min. Cooking time in ovens vary, so check your chips after 6 min. and adjust time accordingly. The edges will start to lift up slightly when crispy.

Now just use one of your favorite organic salsas or get a recipe you love of your own to make and ENJOY! If you buy/make the right salsa it is mostly comprised of free veggies as it is. It will be the flavorings (salt mostly) you should worry about.

Enjoy!
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    I kind of dove into this in another thread so sorry for the repitition.

Drinks: Water, Water, Water, Monster Rehab, Monster Absolute Zero, Coke Zero, Crystal Light.
    (I try to stay away from Aspartame which is found in almost all diet or zero cal sodas and flavored products like Crystal Light)

Snacks: Special K Chips, granola bars, rice cakes, grapefruit (my new favorite snack), oatmeal, and if I have a craving for something sweet I'll grab a Skinny Cow ice cream product, check them out if you haven't.

Hope this helps.
  • mrsleftybrown
    Options
    Yeah I had for gotten about Skinny Cow Ice Cream. It is like 100 to 120 calories per bar and they are soooooo good that it feels like you are totally cheating and you aren't. I find that if I find a water bottle that holds the equivalent to 3 cups of water and tell myself that I need to drink it at least 4 times during the day that I stave off the hunger really well.
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    That's exactly what I do at work. I have a reusable bottle that hold 500ml (2cups) and fill it up 4-5 times. I also use my protein with water for breakfast and use a bottle at the gym, so, that's around 10-12 cups of water a day.
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    When I was hired by Ubisoft they sent me a water bottle. If I fill it twice I've had my 8 cups a day, so that's how I guage mine. I'm still not up to 8, btw. I'm hitting around 6 at this point. I find it kind of hard to drink that much water at first and need to work myself up.

I avoid artificial sweeteners, too. I don't like to eat anything that's not natural like margarine and aspartame. I'd rather eat butter and sugar or honey. I stay away from low-fat mayo and salad dressings as well (if the dressing is mayo based) because they taste horrible to me and they often replace fat with sugar. I'd rather have a little bit of the real thing than more of the nasty stuff. Quality over quantity, if you will.
  • ValkyrieFD
    Options
    I loved this list I found online!!!

30 healthy picks

Craving salty?

5 olives (any kind) (45 calories)
    1 small Martin's pretzel (50 calories)
    2 oz Applegate Honey and Maple Turkey Breast wrapped around 2 bread-and-butter pickles (80 calories)
    1/4 cup hummus, 3 carrot sticks (80 calories)
    1 Laughing Cow Light Swiss Original wedge, 3 pieces Kavli Crispy Thin (85 calories)
    One 1-oz package tuna jerky (90 calories)
    1 oz buffalo mozzarella, 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes (94 calories)
    1 bag Baked! Cheetos 100 Calorie Mini Bites (100 calories)
    15 Eden's Nori Maki Crackers rice crackers (110 calories)
    1 cup unshelled edamame (120 calories)
    50 Eden's Vegetable Chips (130 calories)
    One 1-oz package of Planters NUT-trition almonds (130 calories)
    1/4 cup Trader Joe's Chili con Queso, 18 baked tortilla chips (140 calories)
    1/2 cup pumpkin seeds in shell (143 calories)
    2 pieces (30 grams) prosciutto, 4 dried figs (154 calories)
    1 Subway Turkey Breast Wrap (190 calories)

Craving sweet?

1 package Original Apple Nature Valley Fruit Crisps (50 calories)
    1 packet O'Coco's Mocha cookies (90 calories)
    1 Jelly Belly 100-calorie pack (100 calories)
    One 100-calorie pack Trader Joe's Chocolate Graham Toucan Cookies (100 calories)
    One 100-calorie Balance Bar (100 calories)
    1 Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino bar (120 calories)
    1 package Back to Nature Honey Graham Sticks (120 calories)
    1/2 banana rolled in 1 tbsp frozen semisweet chocolate chips (123 calories)
    2 tbsp Better 'n Peanut Butter, 4 stalks celery (124 calories)
    1 bag Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop Butter Mini Bags topped with a spritz of butter spray and 1 tsp sugar (126 calories)
    24 Annie's Chocolate Chip Bunny Graham cookies (140 calories)
    Half of a 1.08-oz container of M&M's Minis mixed with 1/3 cup lowfat granola (145 calories)
    1 McDonald's Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfait (160 calories)
    1 container Fage Greek Total 2% fat yogurt, 2 tsp honey (173 calories)
  • PixHellPusher
    PixHellPusher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great snack list above and lots of great suggestions. I will need to give these a try!