Reading Food Labels

Reading food labels in paramount to getting off Lactose aka (also known as) Milk Sugar.
I have been told that my body cannot digest milk sugar and so I get sick, stomach pains, gas, cramping and even muscle pain. Since I am off this stuff, even my mind is clearer. Anyone understand what I am gong through? I went to the doctor years ago for these symptoms and no one suggested this. I recently went to the emergency room for strong cramping, I thought my bowls were going to spill out onto the floor or as if I was going to deliver a baby. So, I listened to the questions they were asking me and went home and did research. They said nothing was wrong, but there certainly was something wrong. I diagnosed myself and went to the doctors and reported my findings. Uuuhgh! Who is getting paid the big dollars here?

Replies

• BrittanyBrines
    BrittanyBrines Posts: 144 Member
    My family and I are not lactose intolerant, but we do not consume any milk/dairy products at all. We are not really vegan, but we do try to consume less than 10% of animal based proteins just because of the health benefits.

So, while I can't sympathize to becoming sick when eating dairy, I can sympathize with having to read labels, etc. We have been "vegan" for well over a year now. It's been fun trying to come up with different recipes, etc. :)