Monday and the Miracles we can make! June 18

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
I went to a seminar at work on Dometic Violence...it knows no economic or racial or regional bounds it effects everyone!
If you know someone or suspect someoneis involved in a physical or emotional violent situation then lend an ear/shoulder. Offer resources in your community. Knowing someone cares is half the battle.
Teen relationships and abuse is on the rise...talk to your teens about what is acceptable behavior in relationships...meet their friends and get involved!
Yes, we want to lose wt and be healthy...but we must also tend to the imperfections in our 'other' part of life...being 130 means nothing if you live in fear or unhappiness!
As always let me know your thoughts...discussion is good!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• kcastro124
    kcastro124 Posts: 11
    Options
    I agree awareness and discussion are key in breaking cycles. Just last week in Buffalo NY a doctor fatally shot his ex-girlfriend at work (later killing himself) and left her 4 year old son without a mom the day before his preschool graduation- very sad.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I agree awareness and discussion are key in breaking cycles. Just last week in Buffalo NY a doctor fatally shot his ex-girlfriend at work (later killing himself) and left her 4 year old son without a mom the day before his preschool graduation- very sad.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!
  • sweetleaf7
    sweetleaf7 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have just been through a divorce, and my ex says if i am ever with anyone he will kill him first so I can watch what I put him through. He doesnt see what 3 years of betrayal has put me through emotionally. I tried to get a PFA order but since he has not toudched me there is nothing i can do. text messages don't help as life threatening.