Your favorite place to walk in MN?

Options
2»

Replies

• saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    We go to state parks, but most of the time I walk around my neighborhood.
  • lovekohl
    lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I usually walk around Lake Phalen in Saint Paul, or Colby Lake in Woodbury. Phalen is nice because it's the same distance as a 5k, so it's easy to keep track of your progress. Both are a little hill-y, which can be annoying with a stroller, but oh well. Just burning more calories I guess.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I also want to recommend the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum for walking. The 3 mile drive can be a little frustrating because of the cars forcing you to one side, but it's nice to walk the 3 mile and then stop and look at the flowers and trees to relax afterward. =)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I usually walk in more populated areas. Downtown can be a fun place to roam, and you can always switch to the skyways if the weather is bad. I also walk around 50th and France and Centennial Lake Park in Edina. It's a long walk for me because I end up walking all the way from my house to those locations and back.

I also live near Minnehaha Creek. I believe there are at least dirt trails along the entire length of the creek.
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I realized I never put my favorite walking spots!

I walk regularly around Fort Snelling State Park. I saw a red fox there on my last visit!

I also walk Como Lake, Central Park and occasionally Lake Calhoun.

Does anyone know of any indoor tracks for walking/running?

I walk daily at the Roseville Oval, they have the walking track open everyday from about 7-9!

I love walking around Como Lake as well!