Have you kept your 'fat' clothes?

Options
JoolieW68
JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
If you've vacillated up and down, did you keep your 'fat' clothing.....'just in case' or did you get rid of it?

I got rid of all of mine. I don't even have 1 size up from where I am now. No way, no how. No excuses.

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i wear pajamas pretty much everyday since i work at home, and don't even leave the house everyday.
    i have one pair of jeans that currently fit me, and 3 pairs that are too small. - i just bought a pair a few sizes too small so i'd have to lose to wear them haha.
  • beccahummel423
    beccahummel423 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I did not save any fat clothes from my 105 pound loss. And here I am back up 50 of those pounds and I've had to buy all new clothes. My wallet is not happy. But I've kept all my skinny clothes so I won't have to buy on the way back down!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I got rid of 4 pairs of pants just today that have not fit for over a year. I was scared I would gain the weight back, but I am done and this time there will be no turning back. I am going to win this battle once and for all.
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I am so afriad to get rid of any clothes and that's probably due to my many relapses or maybe it's a lame excuse for lack of committment. I try so hard not to let the head games take over. I am so ready to do this and so tired of looking and feeling old.:embarassed:
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Options
    I'm losing the fat clothes as quickly as I lose the weight. Never again!

Tom

:smile:
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of donating most of my 'fat' clothes to my friends/family/charity. :cry: At first, i was in denial.. i would wear my smaller sized clothes even when I'd gain 5 and 10 pounds. When my muffin top was just too obvious, I had to buy new work clothes. Last summer, i didnt buy any every day clothes. I wore sweatpants and short sleeves 'free shirts' (from walks/runs i had been involved in) almost all summer. :noway: No one said a word. No one! I almost wish someone would've been kind enough to tell me the truth: to stop wallowing in my sorrow and get back in shape! :ohwell: I've had to do it myself, as always.
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am so afriad to get rid of any clothes and that's probably due to my many relapses or maybe it's a lame excuse for lack of committment. I try so hard not to let the head games take over. I am so ready to do this and so tired of looking and feeling old.:embarassed:

Keep the nice/expensive 'fat' clothes, as well as one pants and one shirt (for work? or every day). Get rid of the rest!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I didn't from the first go round and I have bought most of my "fat clothes" that I wear now from Goodwill or Consignment shops. I refuse to invest too much in this temporary wardrobe. When I lose the weight again I will donate it all.
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite again... I kept all of my smaller clothes from when I was in the army... Now I am just working to get back in them!
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Options
    I didn't from the first go round and I have bought most of my "fat clothes" that I wear now from Goodwill or Consignment shops. I refuse to invest too much in this temporary wardrobe. When I lose the weight again I will donate it all.

Good idea. Tom :smile:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I got rid of most of mine, I work from home so wear gym clothes mostly.
  • gin_gin
    gin_gin Posts: 184
    Options
    Yep I have all my fat clothes I bounce up and down so much due to medical issues I kinda have to
    or I'd spend a fortune hoping tho my thyroid is fixed and soon I will be able to toss the fat clothes.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    But I will hold on to all of my skinny clothes in the hopes that I can fit into that shirt from highschool again. :laugh:
  • HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    I ended up having to buy all new fat clothes since my weight gain, but I did a lot of 2nd hand jeans or walmart stuff.
    I dont want to spend money on something I dont plan on wearing for much longer.

As for my skinny clothes though... yeah I have them and they take up a lot of space haha
  • tashjs21
    Options
    I ended up having to buy all new fat clothes since my weight gain, but I did a lot of 2nd hand jeans or walmart stuff.
    I dont want to spend money on something I dont plan on wearing for much longer.

As for my skinny clothes though... yeah I have them and they take up a lot of space haha

Same here, my husband bought me a storage bin to store them in cause he said he is tired of my clothes being all over the bedroom. (we have hardly any closet space in our house) :sad:

Now I am determined to release all of my cute clothes from prison! :drinker:
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I kept one pair of jeans from when I was my largest just so I can put them on when I'm at goal and LMAO. Even though I fell off the wagon, I got back on before I got that fat again.

I buy clothes a size smaller than I am now all the time so that when I lose more I'll have a wardrobe ready.
  • scott1080
    scott1080 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    yes only because im to cheap to buy new clothes the only new clothes i buy are camo for hunting seasons...lol
  • HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    That awkward moment when even your 'fat clothes' are getting too tight.

WTF?!? How did this happen???